Where are the trick or treater's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the trick or treater's ?

Anyone else notice it being non-existent this year? A couple of years ago I got about 30 or so. Last year about 10 and this year nothing.

37 and counting here.............. 8)

Comment

70+ here.

Nice weather too.

Still not the same as it was 15 years ago when I was doing it and it seemed the streets were packed.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

By far the slowest turnout in my neighborhood in 11 years here.

If not for a single "pack" of about 25+, the number would have been below 10.

Comment

I have one friend who claimed 217 and another 170 or so.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Went over to the gf's house, and she said there were far more people than last year. Started out slow but really picked up with swarms of people ~7:30. When we stopped ~8:30, pretty much all the candy was gone.

Comment

Halloween has to be one of the strangest of the world's holidays. It's the only one that both Satanist and Christians alike celebrate.

No one came to my house. Maybe it's because I didn't have any jack-o-lanterns or something that looked like ghosts or goblins on my porch or in my yard. Or, maybe it's because I left my porch light off so they would know I don't celebrate Halloween.

I'm sure Christians rationalize why it's okay to celebrate it.

Comment

Satanist? It's a Celtic/Christian combo.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  Halloween has to be one of the strangest of the world's holidays. It's the only one that both Satanist and Christians alike celebrate.

No one came to my house. Maybe it's because I didn't have any jack-o-lanterns or something that looked like ghosts or goblins on my porch or in my yard. Or, maybe it's because I left my porch light off so they would know I don't celebrate Halloween.

Better watch out for the great pagan sleeper known as Christmas!

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Gotta be honest with you.....this explains a lot.

Comment

Sunday Night.....
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I grew up loving Halloween, even working in a local haunted house most of my teen years. I became a Christian at age 18 and a couple years later I swore off the holiday. The way I see Halloween is that at it's current core it is a propagation of fear via our image understanding of evil. For me, that creates a conflict with my Christian world-view.

No, I do not think that kids who trick-or-treat or their parents are evil or propagating evil. Yet the underlying celebration of the holiday is still based on fear and evil. I tend to think in philisophical terms and even with decades or centuries of societal evolution, its origins can be as important as its current iteration.

If I were to categorize Halloween as either spritually redeeming, nuetral, or unredeeming, I would put it in the latter category. For that reason I see no reason to recognize the holiday. My kids have not participated in the trick-or-treat activities. We attended our church's alternative fall carnival. I allowed them to dress up for their school parade in neutral or biblical costumes so as not to ostracize them. But that's where I drew the line.

I have many church friends who do allow their kids to participate. It is their choice and I don't judge them for it. On the list of things to debate in regards to Christian doctrine I'm not sure it rates very high.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock

http://www.history.com/topics/christ...ions-worldwide
                          Hey, I'm against Christmas, New Years, and Easter, too.

However, I do think Memorial day, Independence day, Labor day, and Thankgiving are all okay.

Comment

Or maybe its the dead bodies on the porch. :D 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock

http://www.history.com/topics/christ...ions-worldwide
                              Hey, I'm against Christmas, New Years, and Easter, too.

However, I do think Memorial day, Independence day, Labor day, and Thankgiving are all okay.
                              I respect that.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X