Severe Weather Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock
    my perception is June (have not looked to see if data would verify) is as big of month as may for severe weather. But the pattern seems very benign.
    Agreed. I have only seen tornadoes in June, I don't know what it is about May but it doesn't like me. A more active pattern will be coming to the Plain states next week. Statistically, IIRC, May is a bigger month for tornadoes but not necessarily for severe wx.

There is a large outbreak of Severe wx/tornadoes in MW states tonight, so it can still happen in June. Though, unfortunately damage/injuries have been reported. Tonight is a potentially deadly situation in the MW as the situation will really not get better as the sun goes away.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I'd go for a thunderstorm about now.

Comment

• New TOR Watch out for all of SC KS Easter KS and Parts of NC MO. When Wichita is reading 91 and 73 chances are you are going to get severe wx. This is an extremely trick setup due to the rain that moved in last night. It left Outflow Boundaries aroun the areas and finding these and forecasting what mode it is will be critical. Right now it looks as if East of Wichita and along and east of the Turnpike will be the area for main severe wx chances.

Comment

• Well I would say our season is over other then some gusty wind and marginally severe hail, and even that could be in question.

The Jet stream is almost into canada now so any thunderstorms will not have any upper level wind support. Well I will be away for a about two and ahalf weeks so if anything exciting happens here post it here for me to see.

Not that I am expecting anything too...

Temps should actually remain pretty darn reasonable.

Comment

• Gentleman, I work in the insurance industry and can tell you that this has been a very slow year, (knock on wood). The only major storm incident to speak of was the Oklahoma City storms in May. When you have contractors coming into OKC from Minnesota, Texas, Missouri, Colorado and Long Island of all places, acting as ambulance chasers it is a very slow year.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
              Gentleman, I work in the insurance industry and can tell you that this has been a very slow year, (knock on wood). The only major storm incident to speak of was the Oklahoma City storms in May. When you have contractors coming into OKC from Minnesota, Texas, Missouri, Colorado and Long Island of all places, acting as ambulance chasers it is a very slow year.
              I can tell. I had some roofing adjuster call and say they were out in the area looking at roofs from storms from last year and wanted to permission to evaulate my roof from the hail damage from storms A YEAR AGO. Told them no thanks.

Frankly I worry more about storms (Hail and wind) that may occur in July and August than the storms in May and June.

Comment

• 7-8-09 was the date of that last big hailstorm. So anything is possible even into July.

This weekend throughout next week, the remnants of Hurricane Alex are pushing rain into Kansas.

Comment

Working...
                X