Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenWSU
    Originally posted by wsushox1
    I hope there are alot more hockey fans after this game. I already am one but what a great way to grow the sport.
    Depends on where you live. Kansas doesn`t have a home hockey team on FSN to follow. FSN blocks the Blues.
    Versus is nice. I mainly just hit up the Game of the Week on NBC. Mike Emrick, the play-by-play guy for Today's game and the GotW on NBC, is one of the best Play by Play guys out there.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If Al Micheals would have done the play by play we would have won.

Comment

What is everyone`s feelings about ESPN making a bid for the next summer and winter olympics ???

They want to air as much live programming as possible on ESPN and ESPN2. Alot of people are complaining about NBC showing time delayed stuff to viewers. I did read 400 hours of olympics coverage was online this year.

Only conflicts is college basketball and MLB fans wont get to see games during those time periods.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
          What is everyone`s feelings about ESPN making a bid for the next summer and winter olympics ???

They want to air as much live programming as possible on ESPN and ESPN2. Alot of people are complaining about NBC showing time delayed stuff to viewers. I did read 400 hours of olympics coverage was online this year.

Only conflicts is college basketball and MLB fans wont get to see games during those time periods.
          Is there something stopping ESPN from creating new channels specifically for the Olympics? I don't really know how that stuff works. Even if it had to push college bball and MLB off TV, it would probably be worth it. A hockey game that got more viewers than any NHL game in the past 36 years being shown on MSNBC is pretty stupid.

Comment

400 hours of delayed coverage was on NBC. The only things you could watch live online was curling and hockey. I hated watching NBC prime time and watching events from the day and "human interest" pieces all while watching live results pop up on my computer. If ESPN wants to show the actual sports live I pray that they get the contract.

Comment

Where are the next Olympic games? If it's in a time zone 12 hours away who cares if it's live. When the US won gold in hockey with the "Do you believe in miracles?" it was tape delayed. It did not hurt the drama if you didn't know the scores.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                Where are the next Olympic games? If it's in a time zone 12 hours away who cares if it's live. When the US won gold in hockey with the "Do you believe in miracles?" it was tape delayed. It did not hurt the drama if you didn't know the scores.
                The 2012 Summer games are in London, England. The 2014 Winter games are in Sochi, Russia.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I don't have ESPN. Plus NBC will prolly spend a ton to keep them.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I think NBC Universal can provide a lot more channels for coverage. I know during the past Summer Olympics, they used NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, UHD, Bravo, SyFy (SciFi at the time), USA, Telemundo.

There might have been others.

Comment

ESPN is owned by ABC. What other channels would they possibly have available to them? I don't think they'll be using the Disney channel or anything but I'm wondering if they'd have other options outside of ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNews/ESPNU/ESPN Classic.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        ESPN is owned by ABC. What other channels would they possibly have available to them? I don't think they'll be using the Disney channel or anything but I'm wondering if they'd have other options outside of ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNews/ESPNU/ESPN Classic.
                        ABC Family

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                          I wasn't alive then, but I'd imagine things are much different now. It would be very, very hard to not hear the scores from anyone or anything.

Comment

It was a good game but this game isn't gonna propel the NHL with more viewership.

The Olympics are about having pride for your country. Nothing more, nothing less. This includes hockey. If anything, they may have helped potential viewers for the next round of the Olympics, but not for hockey in general.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Do away with the lame fighting between players in the NHL.

Yesterdays game was NHL stars playing against each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X