Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Olympics

Anyone Going to watch?

I am going to try and watch mainly the snowboardcross and skiicross events because that stuff is pretty insane. Alpine Skiing will be fun to watch.

Also heres for a Russia-Canada Hockey final. Sidney Crosby vs. Alexander Ovechkin. Great matchup.

It is nice too watch this stuff every four years or so.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Luge and bobsled might not be very good due to that poorly designed track. Plus the Georgian luger died yesterday. :(

I watch the female figure skaters 8)

Comment

It was determined that it was not a flaw in the track that killed the luger. It was human error.

I like curling.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Probe: G-force, not track, cause of luger's death at Olympics

"The technical officials for the FIL were able to retrace the path of the athlete and concluded there was no indication that the accident was caused by deficiencies in the track."

"Although he attempted to correct the situation, he shot up into the roof of curve 16, the angle in which he did so resulted in him experiencing a G-force that literally collapsed his body rendering it difficult to control the sled, which in this case he was not able to do," FIL secretary general Svein Romstad said at a press conference with FIL president Josef Fendt and Vancouver Organizing Committee sports vice president Tim Gayda on Saturday. "Once this happened, he was literally at the mercy of the path of the sled."

Comment

Did I hear that some events have been cancelled because of a snow storm? And wasn't the pre-Games talk about how Vancouver doesn't have any snow?

Man, they can't catch a break.

Comment

I just wish they'd run more stuff during the day. I'm a second-shifter and don't get to see "the good stuff" they hold for prime time.

Comment

While it hasn't been a great Olympics for Canada, it has been for the Canadians.

But it's been a spectacular Olympics for the Americans.

One last thing...............

Team pursuit speed skating RULES.

Comment

nm
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Congrats to the USA 4 man bobsleigh team - First gold medal in 62 years. 8)

Comment

Sudden Death Dodgeball............

Haven't seen anything like this since the Helsinki incidence of 1908 and I think we all remember how that turned out.

Comment

wow this is just an amazing hockey game
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Crap indeed.....but that was a great hockey game.

Miller for the US was SPECTACULAR all tournament long. The 4-4 in overtime REALLY benefited the Canadians huge.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            Crap indeed.....but that was a great hockey game.

Miller for the US was SPECTACULAR all tournament long. The 4-4 in overtime REALLY benefited the Canadians huge.
                            It certainly did. US couldn't do much during that format. Also what a great "back cut" by Sidney Crosby though. Got his defender way out of position and then we all know what happened after that.

I hope there are alot more hockey fans after this game. I already am one but what a great way to grow the sport.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                              I hope there are alot more hockey fans after this game. I already am one but what a great way to grow the sport.
                              Depends on where you live. Kansas doesn`t have a home hockey team on FSN to follow. FSN blocks the Blues.

Comment

Working...
                              X