This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTXE is watching way too much TV.

I have known George for over 35 years, and he did a lot of good for the community and Wichita State but he had faults just like everyone else.

Before the new construction housing bust his company did the majority of heating and air business in town and I would estimate that his business volume has to be down easily 65% to 70%.

There was a lot of dissention with the employees with the new manager over the last four years and most have left for other companies in town.

His personal life was in shambles and his business had to be close to failing.

No one will ever know what was going on in his mind.

But he chose this way to end it.

It is just too bad that his wife had to find him that is a last act of selfishness and spite that I will never understand.
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE
      I wanted to wait a bit before posting a few of my thoughts due to the sensitivity surrounding the issue of Mr. Fahnestock's passing.

Well here goes:

Something about George committing suicide just doesn't jibe with me. How could a man of his benevolence and selflessness even consider the trade-off of abandoning his teenage daughters for a relief of personal pain. It completely flies in the face of everything he stood for in his life.

This whole deal sounds like a murder made to look like a suicide to me. Does he have any business competitors that would have a motive? How is the relationship with his current wife or children? The son's rather stoic comments about what would be a massively startling event in most family's lives seemed rather odd to me.

It seems like there are always a couple non-fictional murder/mystery programs on at night. The Fahnestock 'suicide' seems like a possible contender for a made-for-tv story if more is discovered.
      You should know better than to speculate as you have with so few facts about George's passing.

It does not serve a useful purpose.

Your delight in twisting tails goes over the line in this instance.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

I have known George for over 35 years, and he did a lot of good for the community and Wichita State but he had faults just like everyone else.

Before the new construction housing bust his company did the majority of heating and air business in town and I would estimate that his business volume has to be down easily 65% to 70%.

There was a lot of dissention with the employees with the new manager over the last four years and most have left for other companies in town.

It is just too bad that his wife had to find him that is a last act of selfishness and spite that I will never understand.
        What she said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
          I wanted to wait a bit before posting a few of my thoughts due to the sensitivity surrounding the issue of Mr. Fahnestock's passing.

Well here goes:

Something about George committing suicide just doesn't jibe with me. How could a man of his benevolence and selflessness even consider the trade-off of abandoning his teenage daughters for a relief of personal pain. It completely flies in the face of everything he stood for in his life.

This whole deal sounds like a murder made to look like a suicide to me. Does he have any business competitors that would have a motive? How is the relationship with his current wife or children? The son's rather stoic comments about what would be a massively startling event in most family's lives seemed rather odd to me.

It seems like there are always a couple non-fictional murder/mystery programs on at night. The Fahnestock 'suicide' seems like a possible contender for a made-for-tv story if more is discovered.
          You should know better than to speculate as you have with so few facts about George's passing.

It does not serve a useful purpose.

Your delight in twisting tails goes over the line in this instance.
          I'm not 'twisting tails'. I will admit that my post could have been interpreted as controversial, but it wasn't intended to be. I have/had a conspiracy theory about this whole ordeal and hoped that someone could dispel it -gently..

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

Someone on here made a comment about how the police had 'dropped the issue' and how that should be interpreted as a case that is closed. That could not be further from the truth. Many times an investigation will purposely mislead the general public in hopes that a suspect might become comfortable.

If it is true Shirley, that GF's personal life and business was in shambles, then I guess that sheds more light on the motive. You appear to have a lot of insight on the situation.

Comment

I'm hoping for some honest discussion on the points I raised. Let's see if anybody can be honest about their feelings or questions.

I have talked with many people about George's passing and they have all said it doesn't make sense and that murder sounds more believable considering the circumstances and evidence made available to the general public.
              wow, just absolutely wow. i started at the end of this thread just now because i didnt realize it had grown as fast as it did recently. went back and tried catching up but this post after the previous 2 of yours before it pushed me over the edge.

some things in life dont need to be explained. pay your respects to the family and friends this person has left behind and bite your tongue for once in your life. suicide or murder is no cause for you to go onto a message board to stir up crap which you seem adept at doing.

i dont know the man, his family or most likely even his friends but your behavior is beyond appalling.

Comment

When an unattended death is suicide by gunshot, it is easy for the police to decide the issue on the scene. It only takes one evidence tech. The body is sent for a quick post that definitively decides the cause of death. Plus, you know some family members were interviewed.

MTXE watches too much TV, but I don't understand why he is so quickly shouted down. Maybe i don't read the board enough. I didn't see anything that out of control in what he said, other than the ridiculous implausibility. When someone so prominent and well-liked dies under these circumstances, people will naturally want for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
                  When an unattended death is suicide by gunshot, it is easy for the police to decide the issue on the scene. It only takes one evidence tech. The body is sent for a quick post that definitively decides the cause of death. Plus, you know some family members were interviewed.

MTXE watches too much TV, but I don't understand why he is so quickly shouted down. Maybe i don't read the board enough. I didn't see anything that out of control in what he said, other than the ridiculous implausibility. When someone so prominent and well-liked dies under these circumstances, people will naturally want for answers.
                  :good: :good:
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805

"other than the ridiculous implausibility", which were not supported by facts.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                    X