X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenWSU
    Self inflicted gunshot wound.......Suicide
    How do you know that? Police investigate all deaths as homicides until evidence rules foul play out. I'm just surprised this information would come out so quickly. What is the source

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
      Self inflicted gunshot wound.......Suicide
      How do you know that? Police investigate all deaths as homicides until evidence rules foul play out. I'm just surprised this information would come out so quickly. What is the source
      It is true. Sources from very close to the situation.

George was a great guy and always had a smile on his face. But obviously no one is without flaws. I hope his wife, children and grandchildren are able to recover from this.

Comment

Comment

Kake reports, "The Sedgwick County Sheriff's office said Fahnestock died of an apparent gunshot wound. Investigators do not suspect foul play."

How tragic. Condolences and prayers also go out to his family.

Comment

How sad. He used his time here to make Wichita a better place and deserves our praise for his efforts. Condolences to his family.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Oh no, this is bad. I never met him but I know enough about what he did for WSU and the Arena and the entire City of Wichita. RIP "Mr. Wichita". Your family will be in my prayers tonight.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I started a thread in Off-topic when I saw the news. I didn't check here first. I figured it didn't have anything to do with basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  I started a thread in Off-topic when I saw the news. I didn't check here first. I figured it didn't have anything to do with basketball.

http://shockernet.net/sn/viewtopic.php?t=15906
                  He was a pretty big shocker supporter.

Comment

So so sad George always had a smile for everyone.

Comment

Great guy and great shocker supporter. Their company alone gave over 100k to Wichita charities each and every year.

Every time you walk in to IBA think of him. He pushed it through. He had a vision. I am very sad that he did not get to reap the full benefits of his labors.

Wichita is a better place because of him. When people think of him they always thought about the $$$ he had. From personal experience it was not only about his money, it was about his heart and his time that he gave to various charities and USD259.

EF--prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

May he rest in peace! :(
                        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

A cornerstone of Wichita and Wichita State University. We've lost a huge asset in both regards.

RIP sir.

Comment

Truly sad. Makes no sense.

Comment

Sorry for trying to understand why someone would take their life.

Comment

Anyone think this is related to him not getting much media attention for his help with the sales tax and the new arena ???
                                Seriously? Come on, have some respect for the man.

Comment

Working...
                                X