Oregon Player Cheap shots Boise State player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rZ
    The BSU player definitely made first contact, but I dont know if that was really a push. To me it looked more like a slap on the shoulder pads to get Blount's attention. That being said, I do agree that he should face some sort of punishment for instigating the situation.

Blount on the other hand should be removed from all NCAA competition. He apparently has a history of violent behavior and is unable to control himself. God help us if/when he gets into the NFL and has millions of $ to go along with his attitude...Pacman Jones anyone???
    :good: :good:

Comment

I think an incident like this probably cost him his chance at the NFL. This kid is a loose cannon, and obviously no one can control him. He should be done for the rest of the year and possibly his entire career at Oregon. But the question is...Will the coaches go that far?

I agree that the BSU player made contact. That wasn't a push. He ran his mouth. The Duck swung, dropped him with a nice hook, and then an all out brawl was averted. It appeared that there were about 20 BSU players surrounding him, so he'd have gotten a good old beat down before his teammates got to him.

But the incident with the fans is what really seals the deal with him. To do that is absolutely unacceptable. That is what will cost him the rest of the season instead of a couple of games for the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
        The BSU player definitely made first contact, but I dont know if that was really a push. To me it looked more like a slap on the shoulder pads to get Blount's attention. That being said, I do agree that he should face some sort of punishment for instigating the situation.

Blount on the other hand should be removed from all NCAA competition. He apparently has a history of violent behavior and is unable to control himself. God help us if/when he gets into the NFL and has millions of $ to go along with his attitude...Pacman Jones anyone???
        Agreed! Except I'm still not convinced the Boise kid deserves a suspension. If he deserves a suspension, every player who talks trash after a win deserves a suspension. In that case, suspend the entire college football season, because there won't be enough players to play a game.

Comment

The BS player's first "contact" may be what will get him in trouble. It could have created a bigger mess. I'd set him a game for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
            Not wrong at all! Sorry. You must not be able to see with your old age.

Your youth, inexperience, arrogance and stupidity is keeping you from being able to make a thoughtful assessment here.

The BSU kid was absolutely out of line for putting his hand on the Oregon kid (push, touch, thump whatever). I promise you his coach thinks he was out of line (yet another guy who knows more than you).

If they suspend the kid, which I suspect they will, it will send a message to shut your mouth to all players. Blount was wrong, no doubt and no argument, but, again, there were many chances to end it before it started.

Trash talking IS a problem and this is a fantastic time to address it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Your youth, inexperience, arrogance and stupidity is keeping you from being able to make a thoughtful assessment here.

The BSU kid was absolutely out of line for putting his hand on the Oregon kid (push, touch, thump whatever). I promise you his coach thinks he was out of line (yet another guy who knows more than you).

If they suspend the kid, which I suspect they will, it will send a message to shut your mouth to all players. Blount was wrong, no doubt and no argument, but, again, there were many chances to end it before it started.

You're out of touch with present day reality, Grandpa.

Comment

If trash talk is a problem and this is a fantastic time to address it...look in the mirror...it appears you are part of that "problem".

Comment

It was not a tap IMO, it was more of a tap on the shoulder pads
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

[He did not push anybody.

You're wrong here, and frankly it's becoming habitual with you.
                    Not wrong at all! Sorry. You must not be able to see with your old age. I don't see a push! Blount's a punk and the biggest trash talker and he couldn't handle getting a little of his own medicine.

I get tired of your high and mightiness. Everyone else on here might bow down and kiss your a$$, but I won't. Frankly, your arrogance is becoming habitual with you.
                    Wow! I don't know who's trash-talking more--the football players we are discussing or the people on this board. :)

Comment

i think the BSU players get a 1 game supension and Blount will get suspended for the year.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

BTW, if that is a push, some of you on here are real pansies.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                          The Oregon kid should be suspended for the entire season, if not kicked off the team. He was running his mouth before the game and if you get your butt handed to you, you have to be able to take some jawing if you are going to talk trash before the game. There is no need for violence in any form, and then to completely go ballistic after the game and go after your own teammates and try and go after the fans. See you later! Rip his scholarship, empty his dorm, and send him packing.

The Boise kid mouthed off yes, but, is everyone naive enough to think that trash talk doesn't happen all the time in sports? Do you honestly think this is the first time anybody has trash talked to Blount? Come on. There is no excuse for what Blount did. And to excuse it by saying that the Boise kid deserved it because he mouthed off is just ignorant. Blount has to be a man and take any ribbing he gets, because he asked for it by opening his pie hole before the game.
                          I cannot STAND IT when people see only what they want to see. He didn't only run his mouth, he pushed him...which is why he was getting reamed by his coach when he got dropped.

Both were in the wrong, both should be suspended. Duck will be gone for season now. BSU kid at least a game or two, and based on coaches reaction he will get it.
                          I do not see a push. It was more of a tap on the shoulder to get his attention so he could talk some smack back to the Oregon player. With a push I would expect the player to move.

Comment

Here's my two cents: Whatever happened to behaving with class and dignity? Both of those children need to be disciplined.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

[You're out of touch with present day reality, Grandpa.

Your comments do not collide with reality. The problem with stupid youth (the group in which you appear to belong...I assume you are young) is you THINK you are in charge.

What is present day reality? If it involves trash talking, as I think you are implying, then it also involves the violent reaction....the 2 go hand in hand. You defend, even celebrate the trash talking but attack the violence.

You want to have it both ways. You're on the losing end of the argument, yet again. Talk less, listen more. When you learn this lesson, as most of us have, you'll be ahead of the game. Good luck to you. I've made my point, whether you want to see it or not.

It was a bad ending that could have been avoided. '1234 gets it perfectly.....both guys should be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                                Here's my two cents: Whatever happened to behaving with class and dignity? Both of those children need to be disciplined.
                                I agree, but talking trash and cold cocking someone with a sucker punch , then running around acting like the incredible hulk and trying to fight everyone from your own teammates to the fans are two different things.

Comment

Working...
                                X