• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    chiefs version of the office LOL a must see

http://fans.kcchiefs.com/_The-Offerr...40/118586.html
    That's pretty funny!

Comment

I didn't get to see the game until the very last series when the chiefs had a chance to win but Gutierrez couldn't get in on 4th and goal. Looking at the box score I have the following observations:

1. Cassel looked to have a better game (9-14, 99 yards, 1 TD)
      2. Larry Johnson 8 for 21 (1 run 18 yards, 7 for 3 yard all other - ouch).
      3. Succop 2-2 on FG (long 37 yards)
      4. 0 sacks on D
      5. 4 fumbles on offense (2 lost), 0 fumbles forced on D
      6. Leading WR - Bowe, Lawrence with 3 catches.
      7. No Thigpen

Comment

Cassel looked pretty good last night. He was under pressure a lot because of our line, but he was still able to get the ball off most of the time.

Larry Johnson looked slow and weak until his last run, which was the 18 yard run. He looked finally looked like his old self then.

The offensive series when the Chiefs scored, they looked the best by far because of good play-action fakes, a good end around, and good play calling. That series gives me hope that maybe we will be a little better this year.

The defense as a whole held pretty well in the first half. Favre did not do well with our pressure and got hit to the turf one of his last plays. It was a nice clean hit by one of our linebackers.

Comment

-Cassel looked great, considering he was running for his life.
          -Bowe and cassel looked like they were in a rhythm.
          - I really wouldnt put too stock in LJ yardage, Minnesota has had the #1 run defense the last 3 years.
          -We got 0 sacks, but the first team defense was really putting alot of pressure on the qb.
          -Corey Mays is all over the field. I really thought next year we would have get another starting ILB, but if he keeps this up we wont have to worry about it.
          -Our right side of the O line is terrible
          - My prediction is Thigpen doesn't make this team, i was actually pretty impressed with Matt Gutierrez, he has a nice size, with a pretty good strong and accurate arm.
          - I think we have finally found a young kicker, he is 3 for 3 on field goals, and all 5 of his kicks offs have gone in the end zone.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I thought the Chiefs looked as 'doggy' as ever. They, simply, were not getting it done. If they are not better this year, they will have to refund tickets.

Comment

I had a feeling the chiefs would make a move within the O line, and it was in the family.

Comment

Todd Haley wired

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

Will the Chiefs trade Thigpen?

I didn't get to see Gutierrez play much last game. Was he good enough for us to get rid of Thigpen?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                    Will the Chiefs trade Thigpen?

I didn't get to see Gutierrez play much last game. Was he good enough for us to get rid of Thigpen?
                    yea i was impressed with him, 8-13 for around 75 yards, nice size 6'4 230 pounds with a nice strong arm. JMO, Thigpen is useless here, because we are a more conventional offense now. I think coach haley would prefer not to run the thigbone offense.

Comment

One of the best Chief articles i have read in a long time
                      Newcomers Todd Haley and Scott Pioli's first priorities are fixing the team's roster and mindset.

Haley made it painfully clear he wasn’t going to tolerate it, demoting Bowe to the third-string offense less than two weeks into training camp. Only this week did Bowe start taking reps with the first-team offense again – not before realizing that Haley’s mental and verbal jousting was just beginning.

“If we start off slow in practice, he’ll be like ‘OK, Bowe, I see you guys don’t want to come out here and practice, so we’ll start it all over again,’ ” Bowe said. “A good play is never good enough. … When they put me on third string, I didn’t think ‘OK, I’m going to go into a hole now.’ I just had to make more plays. The plays I was making weren’t good enough for them. I started making plays in the running game, and even in the passing game, I was running hard on dummy routes to get another guy open. I had to become a full team player instead of just worrying about me.”

Added quarterback Matt Cassell, “He doesn’t mess around. He’s to the point. Personally, I like that. I kind of experienced that a little bit with [Bill] Belichick in New England. He tells you how he feels – blunt and to the point. You always know where you stand. There’s no crap in the middle.”
                      Those digits made weight and conditioning one of the highest priorities, to the point that Haley and Pioli have fined players for coming in too heavy. Ideally, Haley believes teams should never be so overweight that a roster sheds more than 150 pounds in offseason training. But the Chiefs’ last total was a staggering 767 pounds lost – a digit that screams just how poor discipline had become under Edwards’ watch.

“If that kind of weight loss ever happens again, I won’t be here,” Haley said. “Because that means I let the team get fat on my watch. It’s a shocking number – shocking even to me.”

Comment

Broncos suspend WR Brandon Marshall for unspecified amount of time

Things aren't going so smoothly in Broncoland!

Comment

Chiefs better carry all 4 QB's - because with this OL they will probably need all of them to get through the season.

I hope Cassel knee is not hurt to bad.

Comment

Tyson Jackson had a nice sack where he just bulled through a double team.

Comment

I like Thigpen.....He has as much starting experience as Cassel and had OK numbers with a far worse team then Cassel had. Cassel will not be a "savior".
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                                I like Thigpen.....He has as much starting experience as Cassel and had OK numbers with a far worse team then Cassel had. Cassel will not be a "savior".
                                I don't know if Cassel was expected to be a "savior", I mean you don't need savior to win a superbowl (e.g. Dilfer).

I don't expect Thigpen to be with the Chiefs much longer. He was the first QB in after Cassel because he was trying out for another team tonight.

Succup 1 for 3 for FG. Seattle kicker is 0 for 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X