Chiefs Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Preseason

the off-season is finally over as the chiefs arrived in River falls for the last time on Thursday.

LJ is a happy camper]

“Those guys coming in,” Johnson said, “the dedication to winning and not the dedication to things that happen off the field and things like that, concerning ourselves with things that don’t concern winning.

“It was about (being comfortable), as far as where we want to go as far as the Super Bowl and making things happen to put ourselves in position to win more than just two games last year. Obviously, Todd and Pioli coming in here, their dedication to winning more than two games made me happy.”
    Haley satified with Teams Conditioning at the start of camp

“I was concerned (whether) guys during their little bit of time off continued to stay in condition,” Haley said Friday as the Chiefs began their 19th and final camp at their summer hideaway in Wisconsin. “As a group, we did that.”
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

5 Starters were held out of practice because they have not passes the coaches conditioning requirements:

OL Mike Goff
    OL Damion McIntosh
    OL Brian Waters
    DL Glenn Dorsey
    DL Ron Edwards

Not a very good start for an already suspect offensive line when half of the starters come into preseason not in shape.

Eighth-year safety Jon McGraw was asked what the coaching staff is stressing on the field. McGraw responded saying, “They want great effort. Don’t make mistakes, and really don’t make the same mistake twice.”
    Vrabel yelled across the field, “You’re one-for-one on check downs! They don’t throw check downs in Foxborough! No check downs for Tom!” Vrabel was referring to the New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
    Cassel was 9 for 9 in 7 on 7 drill
    Thigpen was 5 for 8, 1 INT
    Croyle was 4 for 5,

Head Coach Todd Haley made a comment about quarterback Matt Cassel toward the end of his press conference. “Matt is a guy that is always going to be right at your hip," Haley said. "He has great enthusiasm. Sometimes you have to tell him to be quiet.”

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
      5 Starters were held out of practice because they have not passes the coaches conditioning requirements:

OL Mike Goff
      OL Damion McIntosh
      OL Brian Waters
      DL Glenn Dorsey
      DL Ron Edwards

Not a very good start for an already suspect offensive line when half of the starters come into preseason not in shape.

Eighth-year safety Jon McGraw was asked what the coaching staff is stressing on the field. McGraw responded saying, “They want great effort. Don’t make mistakes, and really don’t make the same mistake twice.”
      Vrabel yelled across the field, “You’re one-for-one on check downs! They don’t throw check downs in Foxborough! No check downs for Tom!” Vrabel was referring to the New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
      Cassel was 9 for 9 in 7 on 7 drill
      Thigpen was 5 for 8, 1 INT
      Croyle was 4 for 5,

Head Coach Todd Haley made a comment about quarterback Matt Cassel toward the end of his press conference. “Matt is a guy that is always going to be right at your hip," Haley said. "He has great enthusiasm. Sometimes you have to tell him to be quiet.”
      I agree, but Edwards isnt a projected starter, looks like Matt got off to a good early start.

Comment

nice quote in here by Coach Haley
        Running back Jamaal Charles coughed up the first fumble of training camp during 11-on-11. This seemed to make Head Coach Todd Haley irate. Haley made the entire team take a jog. When they returned from their jog, Haley said, “We don’t go through the motions! If you want to go through the motions you’ll be (freaking) 2-14 again!” to some defensive players as they jogged by.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

OL Mike Goff
          OL Damion McIntosh
          OL Brian Waters
          DL Glenn Dorsey
          DL Ron Edwards

Not a very good start for an already suspect offensive line when half of the starters come into preseason not in shape

I agree, but Edwards isnt a projected starter, looks like Matt got off to a good early start.
          I was only referring to the Offensive Line. Out of the 6 Projected starters for 26th best offensive line - 3 did not meet the coaches standard for coming into training camp.

C Rudy Niswanger
          G Brian Waters OUT-OF-SHAPE
          G Mike Goff OUT-OF-SHAPE
          T Branden Albert
          T Damion McIntosh OUT-OF-SHAPE

Comment

OL Mike Goff
            OL Damion McIntosh
            OL Brian Waters
            DL Glenn Dorsey
            DL Ron Edwards

Not a very good start for an already suspect offensive line when half of the starters come into preseason not in shape

I was only referring to the Offensive Line. Out of the 6 Projected starters for 26th best offensive line - 3 did not meet the coaches standard for coming into training camp.

C Rudy Niswanger
            G Brian Waters OUT-OF-SHAPE
            G Mike Goff OUT-OF-SHAPE
            T Branden Albert
            T Damion McIntosh OUT-OF-SHAPE
            and the sad thing is they are all veterans, our 2 young guys on the O line passed the test

Comment

Chiefs sign WR Amani Toomer

Comment

I'm still waiting to be excited by the new management...
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  and you were excited by Herm and Carl?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                    Nice signing, i feel a little bit better about our WR core

Comment

Why not? He's got to be better than whatever else we would have had out there. Welcome aboard. Stay healthy, please.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                        Why not? He's got to be better than whatever else we would have had out there. Welcome aboard. Stay healthy, please.
                        maybe we can finally cut Jeff Webb

Comment

yip, he's a low risk with potential for high payoff if he can put up anywhere the numbers he put with the Giants over the 4 years.

The question now is whether Toomer and Engram have anything left in their tank? if they do it will go along way in answering the question that everybody seemed to be asking when the Chiefs traded for Cassel and trade Gonzo - "Who is Cassel going to throw to?"

Comment

Not really, but this just reminds me of something they would have done. We currently have Bowe and a bunch of number 3 and 4 WRs. I haven't seen one upgrade made and they've signed about 11 guys.

I'm still not the least bit excited about the coming season. And I'm not sure I personally know anyone who is
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not really, but this just reminds me of something they would have done. We currently have Bowe and a bunch of number 3 and 4 WRs. I haven't seen one upgrade made and they've signed about 11 guys.

I'm still not the least bit excited about the coming season. And I'm not sure I personally know anyone who is
                              you dont call matt Cassel an upgrade at qb, or Mike Goff an upgrade at guard, Mike Brown an upgrade at safety, Toomer an upgrade at WR, Zach Thomas and Mike Vrabel are huge upgrades over the garbage we put at LB. Yes maybe these are temp solutions. But they sure didnt hurt the patriots when they made signing like this in the early part of the decade. I would take 1 super bowl, let alone 3. Herm and Carl screwed this franchise over bad, its gonna take more than 1 offseason to repair the damge, so signing like this are not option, its a must, for the other young players like Brandon Flowers and Branden Albert to develop. Its hard to develop good young players like that when they are losing, their confidence level just goes down the drain.

Comment

Working...
                              X