No announcement yet.

Royals in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split has done some pre/post game stuff recently and he still doesn't have his voice back.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Split has done some pre/post game stuff recently and he still doesn't have his voice back.
      I noticed him the past few weeks doing that and definitely doesn't sound like his old self. I'm guessing being back in the booth would be too much strain at this point and expect Frank to finish out the season.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The trade deadline is fast approaching and it is unusually quiet on the Royals front. Though teams are inquiring about Bannister, Bloomy and Teahen. And possibly Mahay.

It sounds like they are playing it safe with Bannister, which they should. His value is quite high. Teahen is the guy that I would think several teams would love, but that KC could do without, if they can get a good OF prospect for him. Of course, that would then mean that Gordon is the guy at 3B, sans a trade.

I'm thinking that with Bianchi doing so well in the minors that Callaspo is prime trade bait. His hitting very well and even with awful defense could help a contender.

If they can get anything at all for Bloomy or Mahay (or Cruz), they should do it ASAP.

Comment

That deadline went quietly by.

I guess that's what happens when your bullpen sucks and the tradable position players are either hurt (Crisp), under-performing and/or overpaid (Guillen, Jacobs) or aren't the best option available at their position (Teahen).

Comment

As a Dodger fan, I would have loved to have seen the Dodgers take a run at a guy like Meche or Bannister to fill the 4th or 5th starters role. Instead, the Dodgers overpaid for a set up guy and then stood by and watched all the other NL contenders load up. I'm not a happy camper.

Comment

A stellar 7-19 record to cap off the month of July.

Oh well. At least there's still hope.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                A stellar 7-19 record to cap off the month of July.

Oh well. At least there's still hope.
                i have about the same amount of hope for this team as i did for the Mike Cohen years in basketball
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                X