No announcement yet.

Royals in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacob's with a three run jack and Teahan with 3 RBI's as well. If I remember right thats a home run in each of the last 3 series for Mike.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

and we have are finishing this one in good ole royal fashion
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Just wondering where everybody went. Sub has ignored this topic for a few days now and I'm a little worried.

It's ok though because there's still hope for the futureeeee!!!1111
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Fever, I'm currently in the process of moving and outside of work don't have internet access. Trust me, with the exception of the pen and failure to move runners along all is fine and well in my life.

3 chances to get it to Soria and the pen can't hold a lead... Frustrating to be sure.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Jacob's got three walks. I guess thats a positive. Frank White said that is a good thing for hitting too because he can see the ball and square up to it better.

Comment

Comment

"We'll keep playing to the best of our ability until somebody comes to the forefront in the eighth inning," Royals manager Trey Hillman said.
                or you can stop being an assclown and use your closer for more than 3 outs

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  "We'll keep playing to the best of our ability until somebody comes to the forefront in the eighth inning," Royals manager Trey Hillman said.
                  or you can stop being an assclown and use your closer for more than 3 outs
                  :yes:

Comment

The Royals didn't lose last night!!!

but they didn't win either

Comment

Im done. I quit

This is beyond pathetic.

Ive seen special olympic teams better than this. (no offense to special olympians)
                      Trey Hillman is a peice of crap.

Dayton Moore putting faith in him is idiotic. Both need to be shown the door. And while we are at it Both Glass and Glass Jr can just run themselves headfirst into traffic.

Northern Iowas team next year >>> the whole royals organization.

The kids that got cut from Creightons miracle league team >>>> the Royals Organization.

Comment

Royals need to take a lesson from the Rockies. Rockies fired their manager & turned things around.

Comment

Two words for the Royals...Kevin Seitzer!

Comment

1 word 3 syllables

con trac tion

Comment

Moore is going to have to understand how to put together a balanced roster and look at the production he's getting at each position.

This team's OBP is woeful and DM barely pays lip-service to the need for higher OBP. Crisp was doing great but he's gone now.

Strikeouts . . . Jacobs, Guillen and Olivo. Ugh.

C - Can't ever expect much out of this position.
                              1B - Gotta have some power. Butler is coming along, but I don't expect him to develop into a power hitter. Think Mike Sweeney in his prime, but with fewer HRs.
                              2B - Callaspo is doing just fine, in spite of sub-par defense.
                              SS - Betancourt should provide adequate offense.
                              3B - Teahen/Gordon. See 1B. At least Gordon may still have some upside we haven't seen.
                              OF - Crisp was fine as a CF. DeJesus is fine there, too. But the corners need more. If Guillen were playing up to some of his past seasons, he would be OK. But he's not. Teahen in LF might be acceptible.
                              DH - Need some form of high AVG/OBP or power. After the first few weeks of the season Jacobs' production has dropped to unacceptible levels.

So, at least 4-5 positions are not giving adequate production. For that to work, you need a superstar or two to compensate. KC doesn't have that. Butler, Teahen and Callaspo are hitting for average, which is OK, but it takes a lot more to be a contender.

The rotation looked awesome early but Meche and Davies falling off has hurt. A few flashes from Banny and Hoch have been nice but we need more consistency.

Outside of Soria, the bullpen has been . . . nevermind, nothing to see here.

Moore's moves have largely backfired this year. Crisp was decent, but he's gone. Jacobs hasn't worked out. Bloomquist has been a good utility guy. Juan Cruz was good early, but overall a disappointment. Trading Nunez and RamRam didn't work out like expected.

I'll give Moore one more season to see if he can correct some of the wrongs. But if next year is a repeat of this year, I won't lament his firing.

Comment

I hate to say it.. but I told ya so.. 8)
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X