Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh goody! Fred Phelps and his crew is coming to Wichita!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should duck tape them to the spire on top of the new arena.

Comment

About time a GOVERNMENT did something to prohibit this "HATE GROUP" from spreading its propaganda.

Comment

I'm about as opposed to what they have to say as one can be (that some people connect them with mainstream Christianity infuriates me!). But when free speech is limited, that is hardly a time to rejoice.

I would hope that if something like that ever happened here, we would be opposed to the action, whether we agree with the message of those being denied or not.

Comment

I give props to the UK. They have the right to allow or not allow people into the country. And when the only purpose of the visit is to cause problems, I can't fault them for denying them access. The US doesn't allow everyone in that wants in. And if some foreign group wanted to come over here to do nothing but promote their hate group I wouldn't be opposed to them not getting a VISA or whatever they needed to enter.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The message and their right to gather is one thing.

Hate and hate crimes should not be allowed. While this group has not, to my knowledge, committed such an act...it is just a matter of time in my opinion before they do.

Otherwise lets bring back the KKK and Nazi's and allow them to finish their ambition to create the perfect civilization.

Comment

I have no problem with UK denying them entry. That's their right. I'm just not sure it's worthy of celebration.

Hate should not be allowed? Do you realize you're talking about regulating someone's thoughts and attidudes? How exactly is that "American"?

You seem to hate the haters. Perhaps you should not be allowed to do that either.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                I have no problem with UK denying them entry. That's their right. I'm just not sure it's worthy of celebration.

Hate should not be allowed? Do you realize you're talking about regulating someone's thoughts and attidudes? How exactly is that "American"?

You seem to hate the haters. Perhaps you should not be allowed to do that either.
                I don't hate the haters. I pity them.

I'm not saying they can't have their thoughts and meetings in private or in church, or where ever they decide.

But just as burning a cross is a hate crime, so is much of what these people do.

It's the action, not the thought that bothers me.

It is the action of what they intend to do, not how they feel or think that got them denied entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

I don't hate the haters. I pity them.

I'm not saying they can't have their thoughts and meetings in private or in church, or where ever they decide.

But just as burning a cross is a hate crime, so is much of what these people do.

It's the action, not the thought that bothers me.

It is the action of what they intend to do, not how they feel or think that got them denied entry.
                  :good:

A differing view doesn't mean they should be silenced. I usually just roll my eyes and think of those people as idiots. But when it's nothing but hate and threatens the peace then they should be restricted on what they're allowed to do in what are very public settings.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

To quote Steven Wright. "I'm against protesting, but I'm not sure how to show it"
                    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I agree that their actions should not lead to the committing of a crime and if it does, they should be punished the same as anyone else who commits the same crime, regardless of the attitude behind it. I'm 100% against "hate crime" legislation. It gets too close to a Big Brother, you'll-think-what-we-tell-you-to-think mentality.

Again, I have no sympathy for Phelps' bunch or their beliefs. But when I start condoning the restriction of their rights because I can't stomach their beliefs, then I would have to be OK with my own rights being restricted because people disagree with me.

There is a saying that is too long for me to remember in its entirety, but the principle is that if I do nothing when the rights of those I disagree with are taken away, who will be there to speak out for me when it's my rights being taken?

Comment

Yayy!
                        Good for the UK!

:clap: :good:
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I agree that their actions should not lead to the committing of a crime and if it does, they should be punished the same as anyone else who commits the same crime, regardless of the attitude behind it. I'm 100% against "hate crime" legislation. It gets too close to a Big Brother, you'll-think-what-we-tell-you-to-think mentality.

Again, I have no sympathy for Phelps' bunch or their beliefs. But when I start condoning the restriction of their rights because I can't stomach their beliefs, then I would have to be OK with my own rights being restricted because people disagree with me.

There is a saying that is too long for me to remember in its entirety, but the principle is that if I do nothing when the rights of those I disagree with are taken away, who will be there to speak out for me when it's my rights being taken?
                          AMEN

Comment

Wooohooo!!!

:clap: :good:
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                            X