GOP Makes the Democrat Own the 816 Billion "Stimulus&qu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenWSU
    How many of us in here can say their is atleast 1 part of the package that will benefit you individually???

I don`t.
    I want a bill that keeps the economy from crashing. IF that happens it will benefit me individually. IF it doesn't work then *%$*&^$. The last thing we need is people wanting individual benefits. Unfortunately that may what a lot of the legislators put into the bill.

Comment

How many of us in here can say their is atleast 1 part of the package that will benefit you individually???

I don`t.
      The only thing that would benefit most of us is if it kept the economy from getting worse. I still don't see anything in the bill to keep that from happening.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

WTF does $200M for free rubbers have to do with the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
          #### does $200M for free rubbers have to do with the economy?
          Prevents future Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
            #### does $200M for free rubbers have to do with the economy?
            Prevents future Democrats.
            Of course its Dems after the last several years there arent any Republicans left except in Utah and western Kansas :D 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

After hearing this bit of wisdom, I'm sold:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Keep talking Madam Speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                So, to sum it up for you, a lot of Republicans think the bill is GOOD,
                A senate democrat has a different take:

An influential Senate Democrat said Friday that it's unclear whether President Obama's $819 economic stimulus bill will win enough support to pass in the Senate.

"I don't even know how many Democrats will vote for it, as it stands today," Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb.

Comment

I hope there are enough Dems to stand up and say this isn't going to work. Otherwise we're just throwing away more taxpayer money that the taxpayers can't afford or don't have.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                    After hearing this bit of wisdom, I'm sold:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Keep talking Madam Speaker.
                    She and Reid are complete blathering fools... how the Democrats put up with them is beyond me.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Can anyone else envision such a conversation?

BO: “Where are we and what’s it going to take to pass the stimulus package?”

Reid/Pelosi: “Congressman Smith said he would vote for it if you promise $200M in abortion funds. Congresswoman Jones said she would vote yes if we clean up the National Mall after observers trashed it on inauguration day. Senator Johnson said she would vote yes if we throw in some ACORN funding…”(on and on and on)

Comment

How much government spending would be stopped if each item had to stand on its own merit rather than tied to something else or at least in related legislation???

Comment

Meanwhile, Republicans are sticking up for the waste:

Maybe all you great GOP Shockernetters can groupthink an explanation for that one.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock
                            How much government spending would be stopped if each item had to stand on its own merit rather than tied to something else or at least in related legislation???
                            Things would be a lot better.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                              Meanwhile, Republicans are sticking up for the waste:

Maybe all you great GOP Shockernetters can groupthink an explanation for that one.
                              There you go again trying to lump Conservatives in with the mostly non-conservative GOP.

Anyone sticking up for all the waste in this spending package is an idiot.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Of course Rudy is going to be concerned about the loss of Wall Street bonuses and its effect on the local economy. Just as Tiahrt is concerned about restrictions on corporate jets (his argument is much easier to justify).

In this case I concur with BO’s stance in that there is a time for Wall Street to make its fortune through executive bonuses - but that time is not now. No one will ever convince me that awarding top executives when their firms are flat out failing and broke is the right thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X