Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really what we have to look forward to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is the reason they ran out is because of people getting coupons that don't need them. Or maybe there are more people that have TV that aren't connected to cable or satellite than the government realized.

Comment

Actually, let's just get rid of television. Watching the Shocks play basketball on TV is just painful. (But I can't quit watching.) :D
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

You have to have a tv if youre a parent of small kids. Easier to put a kid in front of a tv instead of actually engaging in some activity.

How many of us here grew up without cable tv & had to rely on antenna`s to get Wichita stations???

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
          You have to have a tv if youre a parent of small kids. Easier to put a kid in front of a tv instead of actually engaging in some activity.

How many of us here grew up without cable tv & had to rely on antenna`s to get Wichita stations???
          I did for a short while. But even though we had cable and video games growing up we spent most of our time outside anyway. That stuff was for at night or during times of weather.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
            But that was 15-20 years ago, for me anyway. Even my Grandparents (both nearly 85) have a plasma TV and digital cable now. People have known about this digital switch for quite some time and if they haven't prepared for it - then they're going to have to be without TV until they can figure out a way to save a few bucks. Back in the early days of TV only the rich could afford sets and being able to watch wasn't a right, it was a privledge. I consider TV to be an extra source of entertainment, not something that comes in the United States citizen "gift bag" that gets handed out when you vote.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Re: Is this really what we have to look forward to?

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              http://www.kansas.com/news/nation-world/story/656870.html

kc11, mm, joco, any other of the Obama butt boys.....is this really what we have to look forward to the next 4+ years?
              Stellar company - I am honored.

I could care less about the cable tv issue - stop whining. God forbid that a bunch of poor/old people would get in the way of our HDTV viewing experience and are keeping the price of plasma TVs artificially high by not buying them sooner.

You are a person who believes in personal accountability and self-determination. You have things under control. If this is your biggest worry, you don't have anything to worry about. After all you are a Doctor..

If Obama succeeds at nothing else but getting people to talk constructively about issues to solve our problems instead of getting into pissing contests like this one, he will have been a great president.

I don't subscribe to liberal or conservative ideology - I subscribe to common sense. But I have been known to engage in over the top hyperbole to get people's attention and make a point. Hence, your view of me as an OBB - whatever a "butt boy" is.
              8).

:wsu_posters: :D
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'm going to guess that you meant that you could not care less.

That's the problem. You and others that think like you don't care that the government is going to spend time, effort and $250 million MORE for this issue. Maybe if you did care we wouldn't be in this situation.

Maybe if MORE people said "What can I do to make this better" instead of "What can YOU do to fix it" or "What can GOVERNMENT do to fix it" then we might be in a better place.

If you subscribed to common sense, then you would be outraged by this wasteful mismanagement. You and common sense are 2 things that have not converged in quite some time.

Least common denominator thinking is not going to make us a better place.

I hate to tell you this, but I am neither whining nor am I about to stop talking about this or other issues that I am certain will come up.

I discuss issues like this with friends, family and people that work with and for me all the time. Hopefully I can get more people to see the light. But I'm not going to stop trying.

Let me guess......OJ didn't really do it, did he?

Comment

Senate passes bill to delay digital TV switch

WASHINGTON - People who have not gotten their TV sets ready for the changeover to digital signals could earn a four-month reprieve under a bill making its way through Congress.

Comment

Working...
                  X