Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    While I'm thinking about it, why are we calling this Intrust Bank Arena? The 'trend' by almost all new arenas being built is to use 'Center'. Think about it. It's true. Qwest Center.. Sprint Center.. Ford Center.. BOK Center.. Pepsi Center, etc...

I dunno, it woulda sounded better with 'Center' in it. Not the biggest deal, but just a little pet peeve I thought I'd throw out there.
    Probably because when you say "Intrust Bank Center" people would think of it as being a place you go to do your banking.
    BOK Center = Bank of Oklahoma Center
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

While I'm thinking about it, why are we calling this Intrust Bank Arena? The 'trend' by almost all new arenas being built is to use 'Center'. Think about it. It's true. Qwest Center.. Sprint Center.. Ford Center.. BOK Center.. Pepsi Center, etc...

I dunno, it woulda sounded better with 'Center' in it. Not the biggest deal, but just a little pet peeve I thought I'd throw out there.
      Probably because when you say "Intrust Bank Center" people would think of it as being a place you go to do your banking.
      Maybe if they called it 'The Intrust Bank Center'.

Comment

Or they could just drop the Bank part of the name. I think the Intrust Center sounds better anyway, and would fit with most of the other "center" names.

Comment

Originally posted by macshocker2004

Or they could just drop the Bank part of the name. I think the Intrust Center sounds better anyway, and would fit with most of the other "center" names.
          Agreed.

Similar to Wachovia Center.

I like it. Is it too late for a name change? :whistle:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
            Yes, unfortunately, I am serious. The artist drawings show bench seating. You'd think there is some sort of computer graphic that could show chairbacks.

I hope the Intrust Bank Arena will not open surrounded by crumbling and narrow streets, surface parking lots that are badly lit, poorly designed pedestrian walkways, etc.... Wasn't there some sort of controversy whether to build a parking garage or not, and wasn't this issue finally settled months after construction of the arena had started.
            You better believe I'm serious---and a little nervous over the opening of a city gem in the middle of urban blight while I sit on a bench with 14,999 Wichitans watching a game against Tulsa or KU.
            :)
            The city is not building a parking garage, but there was an article about a
            'private' parking garage to be built, just to the Northwest of where the arena will be (about 2 blocks away, I think).

Comment

Working...
            X