Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock
    Originally posted by ShoxFan963
    I was saying that we have enough receivers as it is and if we tried to get another receiver for that kind of a price it wouldn't be worth it.
    It is not a question do they haven enough WR (quantity), but do they have enough quality WR? Here are the WR

WR Rodney Wright (0 catches)
    WR Kevin Robinson (0 catches)
    WR C.J. Jones (0 catches)
    WR Bobby Engram (47 catches)
    WR Devard Darling (17 catches)
    WR Terrance Copper (0 catches)
    WR Mark Bradley (30 catches)
    WR Dwayne Bowe (86 catches)
    No doubt there isn't much talent in that department (also shows how important Tony is to us) but you have to figure in inferior quarterbacks, lack of protection for the quarterbacks, and all the catches made by Gonzo.

Comment

• The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Monday that WR Jeff Webb has signed his restricted free agent tender.

Webb (6-2, 211) has played in 31 games (three starts) during his three-year career with Kansas City.

Pioli-King Carl+A little luck=Good Draft

Earning their Stripes err...Arrowheads - Camp Update

Comment

• Chiefs Not Drafting Curry After All

My prediction: The Chiefs trade the 3rd pick to a team that covets Sanchez (maybe to Jacksonville at 8 or San Francisco at 10) and pick up a second rounder. They then draft Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith and with the second rounder probably a pass rusher.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
          Chiefs Not Drafting Curry After All

My prediction: The Chiefs trade the 3rd pick to a team that covets Sanchez (maybe to Jacksonville at 8 or San Francisco at 10) and pick up a second rounder. They then draft Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith and with the second rounder probably a pass rusher.
          A columnist opinion of what they will or will not do is hardly worth quoting as definite.

He believes the Chiefs are looking OL. That is all. Pioli and Haley have said nothing and won't say anything until Saturday.

I don't think either Smith or Monroe will be availabe at 8 or 10. While it is a deep OT class, there is a pretty steep drop off after these two.

If Smith is there, we take him. If not, and we get offered for #3, look for us to take it, pick up Raji, and draft OT 2nd round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
            Originally posted by ShoxFan963
            Chiefs Not Drafting Curry After All

A columnist opinion of what they will or will not do is hardly worth quoting as definite.

He believes the Chiefs are looking OL. That is all. Pioli and Haley have said nothing and won't say anything until Saturday.

I don't think either Smith or Monroe will be availabe at 8 or 10. While it is a deep OT class, there is a pretty steep drop off after these two.

If Smith is there, we take him. If not, and we get offered for #3, look for us to take it, pick up Raji, and draft OT 2nd round.
            Quite possible, you never know what can happen in a draft. Teams aren't going to tell anyone their plan and strategy to a draft. I also don't think we will get Curry(I would like to get him)due to the adding of Vrabel, Beisel, and Thomas. These are fill gap solutions but they will work for the time being. Maybe we will get a linebacker later in the draft.

Comment

• I don't see them drafting Curry either. I know he's currently the favorite in mock drafts and amongst fans, but I think they go offense first if they don't trade down. If they are able to trade down I think they still look to beef up the O but it all depends on who's drafted ahead
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• My only prediction to the third pick, is we will not draft Curry. You just dont draft a non pass rusher inside LB with the third pick, its just really crappy value. If you look on how the patriots and steelers have built their 3-4 defense is they spend their early 1st and 2nd round pick on their 3 up front, and spent later draft picks on their LB's. I think we would prefer to trade back and draft either BJ Raji or Tyson Jackson, but if we dont then we will end up taking Eugene Monroe. Although a wildcard, and it would not shock me if we took Crabtree.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                  it would not shock me if we took Crabtree.
                  :shock: I can't stand a Raider when I see one ;-) I guess it could happen not likely though; look for a lineman as the first pick whether it is the third or not.

Comment

• Crabtree would kind of surprise me considering everything else, but I wouldn't hate it as it would give KC another weapon and one that would compliment Bowe well. I expect OL though
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• One mock draft on NFL.com had Curry falling to like #10 if KC didn't take him. Later they said they assumed someone would trade up and get him if he fell that far, but the "needs" for LB weren't there in teams behind us. Could be they trade down a few spots to pick up another pick if someone wants to go up and get a QB, then possibly even still get Curry later on?

They also say they're not sure he's a good fit in a 3-4, but neither is Dorsey, so is that going to turn out to be a wasted top 5 pick? That concerns me, I really hope Dorsey can still contribute in the middle of a 3-4.

Comment

• Dorsey doesn't strike me as a 3-4 guy. In a 4-3 I think he could end up being pretty solid...
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• He needs to build up his upper body strength and get a little quicker if he wants to be a 3-4 guy.

Comment

• That's what I was afraid of, I hope he can still work in the 3-4, I hate to see that pick wasted already! Looking at mocks I wonder if Orakpo will fall far enough they could trade down and still get him? The key would be a team in the 7-10 slot wanting to move up to 3 and I don't know if one is there. I could go for a front 3 of Hali, Dorsey and Orakpo and then pick up some young LB's later.

Oh and what's up with Roy Williams, why hasn't anyone signed him yet? I'd still love to see him in KC and it kills me each time I see Safety listed in KC's draft "needs" and a guy like that is available.

Comment

• Safety is a draft need? It's not near the need compared to the DL, LB, OL and maybe WR.

Roy Williams is over-rated. I wouldn't be a huge fan of picking him up.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Tony's gone to the ATL for a 2010 2nd round pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X