No announcement yet.

Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Tony not attending the voluntary mini camp showed people how he really felt this year.
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
      and remember what Todd and Scott have said many times "Only guys that want to be here, will be Kansas City Chiefs"
      KC should have made them take LJ, too! ;)

Very sad to see Tony go, but I will remember all his great plays fondly and will be happy to see him go in the Hall as a Chief. For a guy at the tail end of his career this is a good deal, but I would have liked the pick this year versus 2010, I hate to see KC go from pick 3 to what, 76, without a choice? I trust Pioli to make it happen though if they see a guy sitting there during that time that they want. Now lets get a 3 or 4 for LJ and load up this weekend! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane
        Now lets get a 3 or 4 for LJ and load up this weekend! :)
        That is not going to happen; we would be lucky to get the deal done for a third round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007
          I think Tony not attending the voluntary mini camp showed people how he really felt this year.
          He never attended those. He's done his own thing for quite some time.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
            Originally posted by Smooth007
            I think Tony not attending the voluntary mini camp showed people how he really felt this year.
            He never attended those. He's done his own thing for quite some time.
            But this year should have been different, especially when you have a new GM, a new coach, and a new QB to get acquainted with.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              and remember what Todd and Scott have said many times "Only guys that want to be here, will be Kansas City Chiefs"
              KC should have made them take LJ, too! ;)
              I agree, i wouldnt mind LJ leaving, but LJ has done everything right so far. He has said he wants to stay and has showed up to all the minicamps.

Comment

• Q&A with Pioli and Haley on the Trade

I guess this got past us...

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday that the club has signed unrestricted free agent TE Sean Ryan.

Ryan (6-5, 260) has played in 43 games (seven starts) during his five-year NFL career with Dallas (2004-05), the N.Y. Jets (2006-07), Miami (2008), New Orleans (2008) and San Francisco (2008). He has caught 12 passes for 105 yards (8.8 avg.). He saw action in one playoff contest with the N.Y. Jets in 2006. The Buffalo, New York native originally entered the NFL as a fifth-round selection (144th overall) of Dallas in the 2004 NFL Draft.
                The Chiefs also announced on Tuesday that the club had waived T Andrew Carnahan, LB Curtis Gatewood and WR Kevin Robinson.

Comment

• Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Gonzalez’s comment came as part of a diatribe regarding the failure of Chiefs G.M. Carl Peterson to trade him during the 2008 season.

“I know teams offered a third and in the end, Carl [Peterson] made the asking price a second,” Gonzalez said. “I’m very disappointed that he didn’t go through with it after he told me he was going to try to make it happen. I’ve been around this league a long time, it’s a business. There’s nothing I can do about it. I was pissed off about it but I’ll get over it.”

So now, during the 2009 offseason, the Chiefs got a second-round pick for Gonzalez, who’s now a 33-year-old tight end.

Comment

• Goodbye, Tony! :cry: The next time I will see you representing the Chiefs will be when you get inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Now, if they would just get rid of LJ.....

Comment

• Gonzo by the numbers

Highlights of career

Gonzalez has given a lot to Kansas City

Gonzalez leaves legacy on and off field with Chiefs

Tony grabbed everything but a title
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Things are sure getting interesting for the draft-now several places are showing Detroit taking Curry, and STL is all but set to take a OT so I would think interest would be high in the #3 pick if BOTH Stafford and Sanchez are there. Or hopefully Seattle really is interested in Sanchez so that anyone else who wanted him would have to get ahead of them to take him. I just get the feeling KC would take a later pick and more picks over Curry. I don't know that I'd want them to go down as far as the teens but who knows maybe they go down then come back up to get who they want? It'll be interesting to watch, at least!

Comment

Things are sure getting interesting for the draft-now several places are showing Detroit taking Curry, and STL is all but set to take a OT so I would think interest would be high in the #3 pick if BOTH Stafford and Sanchez are there. Or hopefully Seattle really is interested in Sanchez so that anyone else who wanted him would have to get ahead of them to take him. I just get the feeling KC would take a later pick and more picks over Curry. I don't know that I'd want them to go down as far as the teens but who knows maybe they go down then come back up to get who they want? It'll be interesting to watch, at least!
                          In the couple of months that he has been here, the only predictable thing about Pioli is that he is very unpredictable. Tomorrow should be a good day for Chiefs fans.

Comment

• It'd better be.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Chiefs sign Niswanger & TE Tony Curtis

They are bringing in more TE's to replace Tony G (or at least fill his slot). None of them have caught many passes.

Comment

• Tyson Jackson will be the pick, bank on it

Comment

Working...
                                X