No announcement yet.

Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys seen this-Curry invites 12 yeard old cancer survivor to accompany him to the draft:
    Joining Aaron Curry's mother, fiancee and siblings at his draft table on April 25 will be Bryson Merriweather, the Madison, Ala., boy who is determined to play football again -- and get more people to be bone marrow donors.

He really sounds like a class act, I'm really hoping they draft him now!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane
      Have you guys seen this-Curry invites 12 yeard old cancer survivor to accompany him to the draft:
      Joining Aaron Curry's mother, fiancee and siblings at his draft table on April 25 will be Bryson Merriweather, the Madison, Ala., boy who is determined to play football again -- and get more people to be bone marrow donors.

He really sounds like a class act, I'm really hoping they draft him now!
      Ive got a a 89 year old leper coming over to do my dishes tomorrow night.

Comment

• When you finish 2-14 and you are stuck in flyover country, you are never going to see many breaks when it comes to scheduling in the NFL. LIONS CLAIM WILL

no breaks in chiefs scheduling and the reason why franklin was let go

Although Pioli/Haley have not had anything to say about the move with Franklin, word is the Chiefs were unhappy that Franklin showed up for the off-season program out-of-shape and overweight. Thus, his departure may have been a warning shot or an example for others as to what happens if you aren’t dedicated to the program.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
          Although Pioli/Haley have not had anything to say about the move with Franklin, word is the Chiefs were unhappy that Franklin showed up for the off-season program out-of-shape and overweight. Thus, his departure may have been a warning shot or an example for others as to what happens if you aren’t dedicated to the program.
          He was a bust last year anyway. :good:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
            Originally posted by newshock1234
            He was a bust last year anyway. :good:
            I wouldn't say he was a bust: he was a nothing :good: Our QB's just looked for Tony and Bowe each time they dropped back. It's sounds like he was a liability problem anyway-oh well-Take A Hike! :thewave:

Comment

• peppers to KC?

The power of Audacy #1 Creator of original, premium Audio content 200 Million monthly listeners 2 Billion annual podcastdownloads 60 Million monthly

Comment

• Boldint wants to go to a NFC East team or KC because of his relationship with Todd Haley

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Boldin, who said he just has a player-coach relationship with former Cardinals (offensive) coordinator Todd Haley, said he wouldn’t mind playing for him in Kansas City.

Comment

• ESPN says the Cardinals are asking for 1st and 3rd round picks for Boldin.

Too much for another receiver :ohno:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                    ESPN says the Cardinals are asking for 1st and 3rd round picks for Boldin.

I do agree i would never give that much, but that might be a steal if you compare what the cowboys gave up to get Roy Williams, but yea there is no way i give that much

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                      Boldint wants to go to a NFC East team or KC because of his relationship with Todd Haley

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Boldin, who said he just has a player-coach relationship with former Cardinals (offensive) coordinator Todd Haley, said he wouldn’t mind playing for him in Kansas City.
                      This looks like a great relationship!

In the 4th quarter of the NFC championship game Boldin appears unhappy and lets the O Coordinator Todd Haley know about it.

Comment

I don't know. It is pretty hit and miss on trying to draft a Pro-Bowl WR and if KC is going to trade Gonzo they are going to need another great WR. The biggest Issue I have with Boldin is he's only played two complete seasons in his 6 years in the NFL.

Out of 67 chiefs player, 60+ participated in mini-camp. LJ showed up at mini-camp. Waters and Gonzo didn't. Haley said:

“This is all voluntary,” he said. “The guys have been very good about letting me know when there’s an issue or something’s up. We’ve been 60-plus from the start. That’s a sign that the guys want to get on board.

“The way I’ve seen it work is that this time of year is for getting in condition and getting strong and building the foundation of your team. A lot of things occur in these hours spent in the weight room and out on the turf running and sweating together. Relationships start to form and a bond starts to happen and if you’re not here, that can’t happen.

“There are some that don’t want to do what it takes to win. They’d rather be doing something else when the other guys are working together and trying to build the foundation.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                          Originally posted by ShoxFan963

I don't know. It is pretty hit and miss on trying to draft a Pro-Bowl WR and if KC is going to trade Gonzo they are going to need another great WR. The biggest Issue I have with Boldin is he's only played two complete seasons in his 6 years in the NFL.
                          I was saying that we have enough receivers as it is and if we tried to get another receiver for that kind of a price it wouldn't be worth it. We have other problems that we need to address like a pass rusher or protection for our new quarterback.

Comment

I was saying that we have enough receivers as it is and if we tried to get another receiver for that kind of a price it wouldn't be worth it.
                            It is not a question do they haven enough WR (quantity), but do they have enough quality WR? Here are the WR

WR Rodney Wright (0 catches)
                            WR Kevin Robinson (0 catches)
                            WR C.J. Jones (0 catches)
                            WR Bobby Engram (47 catches)
                            WR Devard Darling (17 catches)
                            WR Terrance Copper (0 catches)
                            WR Mark Bradley (30 catches)
                            WR Dwayne Bowe (86 catches)

Engram has been up and down his whole career and his numbers last year were decent for #4 or weak #3. But at 36 he's hardly a talent that you can expect to be a #2.

Mark Bradley had 30 catches and has upside and I could see him possibly emerging as at least a No. 3, maybe a #2.

Darling lost his job to Bradley and hasn't did much in his pro-career so I don't really see him doing anything. All the other 0 catch guys have to be considered high risk to contribute. I still seeing that KC needs another WR even if Gonzo is still there. If they lose Gonzo, they have to not only pick up a TE but will need a WR that you know is going to produce

We have other problems that we need to address like a pass rusher or protection for our new quarterback.
                            I can't argue that the Chiefs don't have alot of needs because they do. I don't care how the Chiefs obtain pro-bowl caliber players (or what positions), just that it happens. I am assuming that if they did make a trade for WR it would be from the picks they received for Gonzo. I really expect the Chiefs to take a T if available with their #3.

Comment

• Todd Haley Press Conference after practice today

This is the official Kansas City Chiefs Facebook fan page. For more information go to http://www.chiefs.com.

Q: Any significance to there being no arrowhead on the helmets?

HALEY: “It took you three days to notice that one. Again, everything I’m doing I’m doing with a purpose. The thought process there is we’re starting at ground zero, kind of like I said. We’re looking for guys who want to be Chiefs.”

Comment

• New Chief Matt Cassel is proving that he clearly understands how to operate as a young starting quarterback, Jeffri Chadiha writes.

Matt Cassel is ready!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X