Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
    Also, Matt Cassel chose his number: 7. (Obviously he couldn't be 16 because of Len Dawson)
    On the chiefs message board somebody asked him why he chose 7, and he said because he just added his old number together, 1+6=7.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
      Originally posted by ShoxFan963
      Bad numbers in the past...

10 - Trent Green
      11 - Damon Huard
      12 - Brodie Croyle
      13 - ... Matt must not have wanted to take a crack at 13.
      I agree with everyone on there except Trent Green, he gave us 4 to 5 really successful years. His problem was he couldn't play defense.
      I guess I was implying bad luck on Trent's number.

I am not saying that Green wasn't a good quarterback, he was, but I would say he only gave us maybe two to three seasons to be proud of(because of the team not succeeding) as a fan, plus he got hurt wearing that number.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
        Originally posted by newshock1234
        Originally posted by ShoxFan963

Bad numbers in the past...

10 - Trent Green
        11 - Damon Huard
        12 - Brodie Croyle
        13 - ... Matt must not have wanted to take a crack at 13.
        I agree with everyone on there except Trent Green, he gave us 4 to 5 really successful years. His problem was he couldn't play defense.
        I guess I was implying bad luck on Trent's number.

I am not saying that Green wasn't a good quarterback, he was, but I would say he only gave us maybe two to three seasons to be proud of(because of the team not succeeding) as a fan, plus he got hurt wearing that number.
        ok my misunderstanding

Comment

• Hopefully a decision is made soon. And hopefully it benefits the Chiefs. And if it does it really probably benefits LJ as well.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• What is a "Special Master"? I've never heard the term used before.

Sounds like Pioli is positioning us to dump him...

Comment

• Bobby Engram press conference, im starting to warm up to this signing. He is a pretty impressive human being.

This is the official Kansas City Chiefs Facebook fan page. For more information go to http://www.chiefs.com.

Comment

• Engram brings little to nothing. Until he shows me otherwise on the field I'm sticking to that thought.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Engram brings little to nothing. Until he shows me otherwise on the field I'm sticking to that thought.
                  i disagree, he brings leadership to a team that lacked alot of it, and the guys that are supposed our leaders whine and cry, and then want to be traded. Bobby may bring very little on the field, but i think he will be a difference maker in the locker room.

Comment

• Valid point, but I am going to take a wait and see approach on this guy. I will say that it has been going better than when we had Carl in the offseason. I read somewhere that we were in the top ten of transactions in the offseason so far.

Comment

• Found this video browsing around...

NFL Network-Chiefs State of the Franchise

Cassel a franchise quarterback?

Will the Chiefs be the turnaround team of the year? (Dolphins of last year?)

Comment

• Chiefs trying to match team's shopping list with draft slots

Originally posted by Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
                        They said they had the third pick right now but that things could change. They never told me I’d be a Chief, but they did say they didn’t know what draft picks they might have April 25.
                        When Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli was personnel director for New England, the Patriots were aggressive traders when it came to the draft. They frequently tried to collect extra draft picks and were usually successful. Of the nine drafts in which Pioli was involved, six times the Patriots made more than their originally allotted seven picks.
                        Barwin in particular looks like a Pioli kind of player. He had 10 sacks last season, ...

“From what they told me, it looks like I’m a guy who would be a pressure player in their 3-4 defense,” Barwin said. “Primarily, I’d be a guy that could rush the passer from a standup position at outside linebacker and also drop into coverage at times.”

The Chiefs also value Barwin for his versatility. He was a tight end during his first three collegiate seasons, ...
                        This Barwin guy doesn't sound too bad, with Pioli's record we might be trading down if Detroit picks up Curry or even if they don't...We could get a late first rounder and a second round(maybe third) pick for the #3.

Comment

• Im more in favor in trading down than anything, but the problem is no one wants to move in the top 5, due to the money, but im hoping maybe since Mark Sanchez stock is rising that somebody like Jacksonville or san fran will want to move in front of seattle to grab him.

Comment

• I saw as a footnote to Plaxico winning his arbitration deal that they ruled KC doesn't have to pay LJ his salary or bonuses the next two seasons. I guess I wasn't sure what they were even bickering about, so I'm not sure what this means? Is it because of his off-field issues they don't have to pay the contract values going forward? Does that then offer salary cap relief as well?

Comment

• LJ was guaranteed a certain amount of money that the Chiefs say they no longer have to pay because of his legal problems recently. They say that his actions constituted a breach of contract and if you saw where the ruling was in the Chiefs favor then I'd expect to see LJ released in the not too distant future.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Chiefs win first round in Larry Johnson grievance case

...If the Chiefs decide to release or trade Johnson, the decision makes that move much easier on the Chiefs. His contract calls for $3.5 million of Johnson’s 2009 salary and $250,000 of his 2010 salary to be guaranteed regardless of whether he plays for them or not...

Comment

Working...
                                X