No announcement yet.

Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea out of all those FA you listed only the kickers are available, everyone else has signed else where.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Wow that is really out of date. But, we do need a kicker. :whistle:
      I'll change it.

Comment

• Crabtree wont run on his pro day, which will most likely take him out of the top ten

Michael Crabtree won't perform in front of NFL scouts at his school's pro day later this month, opting to have surgery on a stress fracture in his left foot on March 4.

Comment

• I heard an NFL Combine expert today say that none of the QB's performances at the Combine warrants a Top 10 selection. They would have to pay Stafford 35 M guaranteed for this year and Stafford and Sanchez haven't looked good enough to be paid close to that much. He thought that Detroit would be better off picking the LB from WF first and picking up a QB with a later pick. Evidentally they have multiple picks. This is a bad year for QB's.

Comment

• I thought Stafford was the real deal? He is already familiar with NFL style of play from playing under center at Georgia. You can never trust these experts they are wrong half the time.

Comment

• QB's being chosen no high is always a crap shoot. Look at this list from the Top 10:
              Leaf 2 Akili Smith 3 Heath Schuler 3 Andre Ware 7 Alex Smith 1 Tim Couch 1 Jeff George 1 David Carr 1 Joey Harrington 3 Rick Mirer 2
              David Klingler 6 Jim Everett 3 Todd Blackledge 7 Art Schlister 4. These were busts. Many more were ok and then some were very good.

Comment

• There are always going to be busts in a draft especially for quarterbacks vice versa with no names like Tom Brady coming out of the sixth round and being superstars.

Comment

• Entertaining article from the Providence Journal http://www.projo.com/patriots/conten....1211c4d5.html

Now we know who was the brains of the outfit.

Scott Pioli just outsmarted, outmanuevered, flat out committed grand larceny on one of his former employers, the Patriots of New England.

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel for a two?

Has he got pictures of Bill Belichick dressed up as a St. Louis Ram and taking part in practice the day before Super Bowl XXXVI in the Louisiana Superdome? Does he have financial info Robert Kraft wouldn’t want the IRS to know?

Comment

• I think what it boils down to is that NE did not want a first rounder as they would have to spend to much money. They wanted the cap room thus accepting a second rounder rather than a first and third rounder. It makes much more sense for them. It has little to do with anyone getting shafted. It was a win win for both parties. If they went for the first and third rounder then they would end up spending more than Cassell would have cost and killed their cap space for a prospect who may or may not be worth the money they would have had to pay him.

Comment

• I find it funny that different people think either side got the better of the deal. Based on that I figure it was probably a good trade. Just because they put the franchise tag on Cassel does not automatically make him worth a 1st and 3rd, that's just the compensation the league defined. I think people assumed it would be a 1 and 3 and were shocked when it was a 2 (but 2 picks away from a 1). There are enough questions about Cassel's lack of playing time and cost to drop it down to a 2, and Vrabel could have been a salary cap casualty anyway so its not like KC not only got Cassel but another long time pro bowler thrown in, too. And like was said above, a 2 is sometimes better (if you draft correctly) because you don't have to pay them as much. Look at what KC did last year with Flowers-potentially that's the kind of player KC traded for Cassel & Vrabel and you can see what kind of $ mediocre CB's are getting on the open market right now, imagine what Flowers would get if he were available.

Comment

• Clark Haggans to Visit KC

Comment

• D Bowe's reaction to the Matt Cassel trade

So while we're on the subject of quarterbacks, let's talk about your new one in Matt Cassel. What was your reaction?

Bowe: "I was shocked, but this is a business and things do happen. I don't really watch TV but people were calling me and saying 'You got Matt Cassel'! and I thought that was cool. Then they were asking me 'Do you know what your stats are going to be like?' Things happen for a reason.

Have you talked to him yet?

Bowe: "He called me (Tuesday) morning and said 'Hey, D. Bowe, wake up! I've been watching film on you for two days -- you better get your mind down here.' I'm going to fly to Cali and go see him (this week)."

Wow, that's fast. Are you going to get used to how he throws, or are you just going to chill out with him?

Bowe: "No, I'm just going to chill, nothing serious. When we meet up in Kansas City later this month, we'll get our timing down then."

Did you watch Cassel play last year? Were you impressed by him?

Bowe: "Yeah, I really was. He did great under pressure. He's a veteran who never got a lot of publicity, but from watching him, he's a great quarterback."

Comment

• Chiefs add two coaches to Haley's staff.

Comment

• Before long we're going to have more coaches than players...
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Since B.O. --I mean, TO-- was cut by the cowboys, I hope Pioli doesn't think about bringing him to the Chiefs.

It would be interesting to see him go to the Patriots and compete with Randy Moss for attention and passes. He would try his usual antics, but Belichik would put an abrupt stop to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X