No announcement yet.

Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chiefs give up our 2nd round pick for Cassell and Vrabel. 2 starting player for a 2nd round pick. We bend NE backwards on this deal. :yahoo: :good:
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
      http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/02/28/chiefs_acquire_qb_matt_cassel_lb_mike_vrabel_in_tr ade_with_patriots/

chiefs give up our 2nd round pick for Cassell and Vrabel. 2 starting player for a 2nd round pick. We bend NE backwards on this deal. :yahoo: :good:
      Wow that is a great deal.

But, really the trade looks like this:

Chiefs get:
      Vrabel
      Cassel

Patriots get:
      2nd round pick
      20 million dollars

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
        Wow, I am not sure about this one either. Cassel is kinda of risk. I've only seen one season and he was an average QB.
        Completing 63% of your passes and throwing 21 TD and only 11 TD's (for 89.4 rating) is not the play of average QB last year.

He's probably not seen right now as an elite talent, but if he can put up those solid type numbers he will be a positive for the Chiefs.

He was surrounded by a lot of talent and the Patriots were only 10-6 I think.
        Well they were actually 11-5 and NE problems where not with it's offense but had some secondary problems on Defense. Their offense scored 410 points (7th in the NFL and 2nd in the AFC).

I can't speak to their offensive line, I am assuming it is much better than KC. But if your talking skill player talent, NE probably doesn't have any better talent than KC.

Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk at RB. Larry Johnson is a better talent as far as potential than these two if he can get beyond his attitude.

At TE/WR NE had Welker and Moss. Bowe and Gonzales are better talent than these two players. Chiefs do need to get another #2 productive WR.

KC didn't hire Pioli and Haley to maintain the status quo.

Comment

• The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

watch this video, Schetfer says he talked to people around the league that really know QBs and they say Matt Cassell right now can be top 5-8 qb in the league, and if he were in the draft this year, he would be the top pick.

Comment

• Thanks for the correction SB, I still think Cassel is an average starting QB. His stats are so high becuase he was in a superior offense with Moss and Welker and a brickwall O-line.

But, one thing I like is scrambling QB's Cassel and Thigpen are both scramblers. We could bring thigpen in for Wildcat offense it that fits Haley's style. He does have some pretty cool trick plays.

Comment

• This sounds like a great deal to me. We get a pretty good starting quarterback and a decent linebacker for a 2nd rounder, and this is just the beginning for Pioli. I will be looking forward to seeing what else he will do for the Chiefs. With all of the money he has to spend, the sky's the limit!

Comment

He was surrounded by a lot of talent and the Patriots were only 10-6 I think.
                "Only" 10-6 would be quite the upgrade from 2-14. I'll take "only" 10-6 each year for the rest of my life.
                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Since we got our QB, i can surely see Aaron Curry in our future as the number 3 pick

Comment

• I think this deal opens up the chance that we take Aaron Curry with the 3rd pick, providing he's still available. Vrabel will teach him the ropes of the 3-4 DEF and show him out to prepare for an NFL season.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                      I will be looking forward to seeing what else he will do for the Chiefs. With all of the money he has to spend, the sky's the limit!
                      That trade costs us 20 million so the sky is not the limit we only have about 15-20 million we could get us one big superstar from free agency.

I would love to have Curry or a offensive lineman as our 3rd pick. That is if we keep the pick... ;-)

Comment

Thanks for the correction SB, I still think Cassel is an average starting QB. His stats are so high becuase he was in a superior offense with Moss and Welker and a brickwall O-line.
                        I can't predict what will happen in the future. There is always the question was he excelling because of his talent or was it because of the system.

But getting him and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick is a probably a pretty good deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                          I talked to a Patriots fan about Cassel. He liked Cassel and really was torn possibly losing him.
                          That's the consensus among my circle of friends back east. One of them who is a Pats season ticket holder said he looked every bit as good as Brady much of last season.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

matt cassel high light reel, he has excellent pocket presence.

Comment

• I like the trade. You get a QB that you can look at in actual NFL games and not try to figure if a college QB is going to be able to cut it in the NFL. Remember the GM has had many opportunities to watch him and if I'm not mistaken probably had a little bit of an idea about his talent.

Comment

• Dont see how anyone cant like this deal. Pro Bowl linebacker, starting QB, and a chance to draft a top o lineman or another linebacker.
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X