No announcement yet.

Voter turnout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was #161 in my little town with a population of 150. There are people that come in to town to vote from the township around, but that seemed high. I went straight in, but there was almost a 2 hr wait earlier this morning from what I was told.

Comment

There was no wait for me, i walked right in, there was no line, and i voted and walked right out. Done in 3 minutes
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

About a 2 hour wait in line in suburban New Jersey at around 7:30 this morning. I can't believe I actually hung around and waited that long.

I prefer voting in Kansas.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

No wait when we arrived. When we were done there were about 6 or 7 people waiting in line.

Comment

Just a quick update on this topic.

Despite all the hoopla to the contrary, it appears the 2008 election turnout will be less than the 2004 election. Probably no headlines to that effect however, the last story I saw today was the Christian Science Monitor still touting the "historic turnout" estimated at 136 million. So far the count is still under 120 million, but it is still not finished so who knows. For reference the 2004 turnout was a little over 124 million.

Comment

I also read somewhere where the "youth vote" (ages 18-29) was only 1% higher than in 2004 (18% vs. 17%).

Comment

Working...
              X