Voter turnout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voter turnout?

Just curious – what is the voter turnout like in Kansas or wherever you live?

Here in Clearwater, Florida (Tampa area - heavy Democrat side of the bay) the early voting was pretty heavy, but earlier today, there were no lines so I'm headed to vote now.

Comment

Here in Fayetteville, AR I waited in line an hour to vote this morning.

Comment

I went in at 6:15.

It took 1 hour 15 minutes for electronic voting ... slightly less for paper ballot voting.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

When I dropped my ballot off at the post office on Wednesday, there was no line to the mailbox. ;)

I've talked to two different people who voted today, 1 in far west Wichita and 1 in northeast Wichita, neither had to wait in line more than a few minutes.

Get out and vote, folks, if you haven't already. It is your right and privilege as an American - one that has been defended for generations.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Let me add one more thing. I am happy to see the excitement and vigor of the younger members of the electorate getting re-engaged for this election. Apathy among the younger voters was becoming a bit alarming, but many have been reinvigorated and that is good.

It won't be long before the Gen-X voters can influence the outcome of elections and they need to be engaged throughout. Perhaps in some ways, the McCain v. Obama is a glimpse into the future - Baby Boomers vs. Gen-X. Hmmm... bright young people taking this country into the future ...

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Advance voted last week.

~10 minutes...

Comment

I voted in Jackson County, MO (Kansas City), and waited approx. 1 hour to vote. Those ahead of me in line stated that at 6 am, the line was taking about 2 hours. Glad I waited til 8, but damned glad I didn't wait until 5 tonight.

Comment

Voted at 8:30 this morning and it took 10 minutes in and out - East Wichita.
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Small town east of Wichita and it took me about 25-30 minutes from getting there. Which is the longest I've ever had to wait to vote here. Went in about 915.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I voted at RNC Headquarters, also know as Bel Aire City Hall.

My wait was around 10 minutes, but there were about 10-15 people filling out ballots who didn't want to wait for the electronic booths.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

I early voted last Friday in The Woodlands, TX. Wait was about 30 minutes.

Comment

Well, I'm back from voting in Clearwater, Florida. No lines in this predominately Democratic area, walked in got a ballot, voted and left. The only long term item was reading the #$%$# ammendments they always tack on.

Comment

Originally posted by rayc
                            The only long term item was reading the #$%$# ammendments they always tack on.

We had 5 ballot items here in Arkansas this year. I read them before I went in and it took me 30 seconds to actually cast my vote.

Comment

Voter turnout in my neck of the woods seemed higher than normal but I didn’t have to wait long to vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X