Why so much venom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC
    How are Hannity and Limbaugh any worse than MSNBC, the NY Times, the Eagle editorial board etc.

What #### whiners you lefties can be about talk radio sometimes.
    Ouchies..!!!!11111eleven

Looks like ABC cannot handle having his heroes criticized. lol.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      CB, how did you ever find time to come down from your ivory tower and pass judgement on us?
      I'm just embarrassed for those adults on here that are really out of hand with all the links, bile, and conspiracy theories. I know people like that (in real life) and it's really pitiful to watch them rant. It's a desparate attempt to find enough proof to substantiate the hate of another "side" that is very much like themselves when it's all said and done. It's kind of like racism.

Politics is just grown-ups acting like children in the sandbox. When you can control your emotions and focus on the big picture, this all looks really really silly.

T

...8)

Comment

Re: Why so much venom?

Originally posted by SB Shock
        Originally posted by rrshock
        I completely agree with that. Everyone is entitled to free speech, but guys like them are bad. There are people on both sides of the net that spew trash out of their mouths daily, preaching it as the gospel. I really wish that none of them were on period, liberal or conservative.
        You wouldn't have them if the media was fair and balanced and just reported the news. They fill a void.
        I do believe they fill a void as well, a void created by a hunger for hatred. They fill this void and they further increase its depth. The best thing that ever could have happened for Limbaugh-the-pill-popper, was for Clinton to win two terms. That gave him time to develop the Ditto-head nation and the rest is history.

T

...8)

Comment

To be honest with you, reading this forum has really opened my eyes to how mentally persecuted far right-wing wackos really are... I already knew how crazy the far-left was but W0Wzers!!!!

"Lone eagles, soaring in the clouds, fly with silent, peaceful poise,

While turkeys, in their earth-bound crowds, fill the atmosphere with noise.”

-William Arthur Ward

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Originally posted by RoyalShock
            CB, how did you ever find time to come down from your ivory tower and pass judgement on us?
            I'm just embarrassed for those adults on here that are really out of hand with all the links, bile, and conspiracy theories. I know people like that (in real life) and it's really pitiful to watch them rant. It's a desparate attempt to find enough proof to substantiate the hate of another "side" that is very much like themselves when it's all said and done. It's kind of like racism.

Politics is just grown-ups acting like children in the sandbox. When you can control your emotions and focus on the big picture, this all looks really really silly.

T

...8)
            Wow, more judgment passed on what may be fictitious posters.
            Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

To quote Joe Biden, I just have three words for you:

Casey Crawford.
              Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                How are Hannity and Limbaugh any worse than MSNBC, the NY Times, the Eagle editorial board etc.

What #### whiners you lefties can be about talk radio sometimes.
                Every one of those people is worthless. I just only remember those names, because they seem to always be talked about.

SB Shock, I agree that the media needs to be fair and balanced. But it isn't, so we have those whack jobs on both sides of the fence spewing hate and filth and trash out of their mouths daily. I have some family in Holland and rather frequently, they ask if we heard about an event that happened here, and of course we didn't. The media is bad about reporting stuff, and when they do, it is chopped to what they want it to be. And with some of the happenings, it wouldn't surprise me at all that the government prevented it from being on TV or in the media. So until things are changed, I guess we're stuck with what we got, so I'll just keep listening to Sports Talk and not pay attention to the idiots.

Comment

I don't know, Cold, you read this and tell me:

Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

The pro america comment/arguement is stupid and Palin is stupid for saying it in the first place.

You have dumb asses all across the board and the people in the linked article above are prime examples of that.

However to insist that a place Palin is visiting is pro america is beyond stupid. So what if she does not visit Wichita? does that mean we are anti american?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                      The pro america comment/arguement is stupid and Palin is stupid for saying it in the first place.

You have dumb asses all across the board and the people in the linked article above are prime examples of that.

However to insist that a place Palin is visiting is pro america is beyond stupid. So what if she does not visit Wichita? does that mean we are anti american?
                      Has she visited Wichita? If not one might conclude....... 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

No it means we don't live in a swing state. :)
                        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane

No it means we don't live in a swing state. :)
                          Taking you for granted huh! How dare Sarah Palin! :D 8)
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Denny, trying to have a rational discussion with totally irrational people is a waste of time but good luck in your effort.

Comment

Irony?

Or am I using the wrong word here?

Comment

Irony does fit.

First of all, for some reason I feel compelled to answer the very intelligent question posed by Brother Cold, and I am not even drunk - or very drunk.

It is actually when Palin is discussed, where decorum was lost and nashing of teeth occurs, and most of that was lead by our very level-headed political observationist, Ms. Coldblooded.

Yes, I call that irony or idiocy.

I think the discussion on Shockernet about the Presidential race has been fairly even tempered. There are folks with strong opinions, but there haven't any meltdowns and only a few names that have been hurled.

Clearly a majority here are right of center. But I think that intelligent, cogent responses and criticisms of McCain or Republicans are treated with respect.

Thus, why the venom? I haven't witnessed it but by our lady friend, Coldblooded. I think he/she was the one using the word "moron" to describe a Republican candidate for SG County Commission. That is certainly as venomous or more venomous than those on this site that have been critical of Obama.

Comment

Working...
                                X