Why so much venom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so much venom?

It is amazing to me to read through these threads and see such unbelievable venom and overall lack of composure demonstrated by those that would call themselves republicans.

You would think that people confident in their views would show more poise and tolerance in discussion, but what I see is a bunch of insecure, whiny, fearful people, that cannot stop preaching gloom, doom, and ridiculous conspiracy theories. To me that says more about the person than it says about either candidate or political party.

Personally, I think guys like Hannity and Limbaugh, who earn their living attacking, inciting, and overall bitching, have helped to create this vicious political environment we live in today. Everybody is emotionally charged. However, when making important decisions, that is exactly the opposite state one should be in.

T

...8)

Here, here!

Comment

Re: Why so much venom?

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      It is amazing to me to read through these threads and see such unbelievable venom and overall lack of composure demonstrated by those that would call themselves republicans.

You would think that people confident in their views would show more poise and tolerance in discussion, but what I see is a bunch of insecure, whiny, fearful people, that cannot stop preaching gloom, doom, and ridiculous conspiracy theories. To me that says more about the person than it says about either candidate or political party.

Personally, I think guys like Hannity and Limbaugh, who earn their living attacking, inciting, and overall bitching, have helped to create this vicious political environment we live in today. Everybody is emotionally charged. However, when making important decisions, that is exactly the opposite state one should be in.

T

...8)
      Maybe were are all just roll playing and not esposing our true convictions, our end game being to elicit a response like you just gave.
      Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shocrates

T

...8)
        Maybe were are all just roll playing and not esposing our true convictions, our end game being to elicit a response like you just gave.
        Sure, your entire "life's work" has been posted on this board and is updated nearly 24 hours a day. I'm sure that was all done for the sake of eliciting a few responses from the one or two democrats that read this board...

Sir, I personally think you are mentally ill...

T

...8)

Comment

You never know. :whistle:
          Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

T

...8)
            Wow that's a fair & balanced view. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu

T

...8)
              Wow that's a fair & balanced view. :roll:
              Here, Here
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

CB, how did you ever find time to come down from your ivory tower and pass judgement on us?

Comment

T

...8)
                  Eat me.

Comment

T

...8)
                    Tool #2 8)
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Good point, but probably worded wrong. It does seem that some on here would rather just beat down those with opposite views than try to se where they are coming from.

I completely agree with that. Everyone is entitled to free speech, but guys like them are bad. There are people on both sides of the net that spew trash out of their mouths daily, preaching it as the gospel. I really wish that none of them were on period, liberal or conservative.

Comment

Is cool a tool? No way you fool! 8)
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            I completely agree with that. Everyone is entitled to free speech, but guys like them are bad. There are people on both sides of the net that spew trash out of their mouths daily, preaching it as the gospel. I really wish that none of them were on period, liberal or conservative.
                            You wouldn't have them if the media was fair and balanced and just reported the news. They fill a void.

Comment

How are Hannity and Limbaugh any worse than MSNBC, the NY Times, the Eagle editorial board etc.

What pu$$y whiners you lefties can be about talk radio sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X