The wisdom of Matt Damon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    We should be concerned about how other nations view us - to a point. There are certainly other things that demand a higher priority. We had to go after those responsible for 9/11. If other nations didn't like it, tough.

But with with Russia starting to flex its muscle and China's continued growth as a world power, we don't need to be hurting our image with past, current or potential future allies.
    Don’t worry, when Russia starts to flex its muscle the Euros will come crying to Momma.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox151
      I think if we are concerned about what other nations think of us it puts us in a damned if damned if we dont situation.

With all the natural disasters in the world, tsunamis, quakes, etc. The US is almost always the quickest and biggest responder to these, whoever the affected is. But other nations, Euorpe in particular likes to focus on what they disagree with us about, such as Iraq.

And come to think of it, I haven't heard of any nations providing the US help with all the hurricanes we've had recently.
      Our approval rating in Indonesia, even after tsunami relief that was unparalleled, is a whopping 35% now.

23% of Germans and 30% of Mexicans think 9/11 was an inside job.

Pop quiz:

Who said after 9/11?:

"Every nation has to be either for us or against us. Those who harbor terrorists or who finance them are going to pay a price"
      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Exactly Denny! America provides a lot of humanitarian efforts around the world, and yet America is denounced by the very same people we help.

Comment

No takers on my pop quiz? Doc, Sub, Royal, Bueller?

Comment

I seem to recall GWB making a similar statement.

Comment

BZZZZZ! Wrong, he did say something similar but didn't use that exact phrase. Next guess, please.

Comment

Hillary Clinton
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Right on, Sub! She said it two days after the 9/11 attacks to Dan Blather.

The "for us or against us" mentality has drawn a lot of ire from the world, but it wasn't something GWB dreamed up on his own. Just a historical tidbit.

Comment

Not that I care what Matt Damon thinks; however, I am fairly certain that dinosaurs (as they are commonly thought of) didn’t “roam the earth” 4,000 years ago.

Does that make me a bad person?

Comment

Thank you, Matt Damon, for suddenly opening our eyes. I don't know what we would've ever done without you. Why can't you be around all the time to give us political advice. You are so qualified in this area. Thank you.

**insert rolling of the eyes here**
                      www.myspace.com/clarensau
                      it's what i do

Comment

Working...
                      X