No announcement yet.

McCAin VP - Who Do You Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted ex post facto for Sara but before today believed his choice would be Romney. His choice on one hand is brilliant (Hill's crowd) but leaves him vulnerable (economy) on the other. The timing of the choise was well planned and did take some steam out Obama's post-convention momentum. The noon news cycle was mostly Mac and Obama became the postscript. For a political junkie this election is shaping up to be even better than the past two! :good:
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Palin Pick Leaves Bruised Feelings
      By Anne E. Kornblut
      Though it was high in shock value, the Palin pick left bruised feelings among the short-list contenders who were not picked -- and infuriated some Republican officials who privately said McCain had gone out on a limb, unnecessarily, without laying the groundwork for such an unknown. Two senior Republican officials close to Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty said they had both been rudely strung along and now "feel manipulated."

Comment

I know she keeps getting talk because she's a woman but I couldn't care less about that really and the few women I've talked to since the announcement feel the same. She's a solid conservative and this pick had more to do with reaching out to the conservatives and the Republican base than trying to go after the votes of women. Not that it didn't play any role here.

I know a lot of the media keeps saying this pick came out of nowhere and is a complete shock, but those who follow should have seen this as a very real possibility and one that many conservatives have been behind since McCain was the obvious Republican choice. I believe that was sometime around March.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
          Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Originally posted by martymoose
          I'm looking at this another way, if something were to happen to McCain, look at who takes over as President... You want to talk about lack of experience? Our country would become more of a laughing stock than it already is with Bush at the wheel.
          Is Barack anymore experienced?
          Yes
          No

Comment

Arguing about who has the most experience is pointless now. As several on both sides have commented, that issue is "off the table."

What really irritates me is that some media reports are suggesting that women will just suddenly vote for Palin BECAUSE she's a woman. Not all of us are THAT superficial, though some obviously are.
            I know some old-school voters who WON'T vote for a woman, no matter what. Something about menopause-induced terror... :shock: ;-)
            Of course there is the other view that some may NOT vote for Obama because of race, or they WILL because of race. None of these reasons are good ones.
            Which brings me back to the debates. I can't wait. Popcorn, anyone?

Wouldn't it be funny if a third party candidate won? That would also be a historical moment, wouldn't it? And what a message that would send...(sigh).
            Oh, and props to any man who isn't the least bit frightened seeing a woman with a gun in her hands. ;-)
            "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
              What really irritates me is that some media reports are suggesting that women will just suddenly vote for Palin BECAUSE she's a woman. Not all of us are THAT superficial, though some obviously are.
              I think you hit the nail on the head - they are superficial. Unfortunately so are alot of american that they represent.

Which brings me back to the debates. I can't wait. Popcorn, anyone?
              I have the butter.

Wouldn't it funny if a third party candidate won? That would also be a historical moment, wouldn't it? And what a message that would send...(sigh).
              Since there is nobody out there on anybody radar screen, there won't be this so called "historical moment".

What is going to be a historic moment is the US will either have the first women VP, or have the first interracial president.

Comment

SB,

I KNOW it was a pipe-dream, but DANG! Can't I sleep a little longer? Did you notice I fixed my "wouldn't it funny" error? I HATE it when I do that. :roll:
                By the way, are we talking REAL butter here? 8)
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

I was watching CNN coverage of the Hurricane Gustav LA Gov. briefing. Jindal was very impressive.

Comment

Jindal has a bright future and may very well be the President in the not too distant future.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Just heard Jindal is to have a PC today. I believe at 1230 here.

Looks like Gustav ended up not being near as strong as expected after it crossed Cuba, but it still could do some damage as it's expected to dump up to two feet of rain on the LA coast.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                      X