McCAin VP - Who Do You Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCAin VP - Who Do You Think?

You guys did so well on the Biden/Obama now lets try who you think McCain should/will choose for his running mate. I'm hoping it not somebody boring. We need all the excitement we can get with these unexciting candidates running. It's been reported that McCain will pull a Obama and pick a safe, but dull running mate instead of trying to hit a HR.

Whoppi Goldberg is hoping that McCain will either choose Michael Bloomberg or Bill Richardson.

It's been reported Tom Ridge is out of the running.

I think that he will pick Ross Perot.
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

There are two on the list I'd be happy with. Jindal and Palin. I'm not sure Jindal is inerested and may be waiting for the next opportunity. I think Palin would be great as she's a good conservative with a bright future. She's young and has done some good things in Alaska. Plus, with Obama not picking Hilary it'd be a way to capture a lot of the women voters who may feel let down or betrayed or whatever.

Sadly, I think McCain will choose Romney and lose a number of votes in the process. I know a lot of conservatives are hoping he'll pick a strong conservative so they can feel better about voting for him. Hoping it would have some influence on him in certain matters.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Where are Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert on the list? :D
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I honestly know very little about most of those people. It isn't like the Dem vp choices that I knew much more about.

I hope he does choose Romney, cause then there for sure won't be a republican living at 1600 Pennylvania Ave for the next 4 years.

Comment

I think it will be Romney. He'd be smart to choose Crist...if he could get Christ, however, I'd bet money he'd win.

Jindal and Palin would be good people.

While I certainly don't agree with a lot of their ideas, picking Lieberman would really show a desire to work together to get things done....I think a LOT of people would appreciate that.....this 2 sided only argument is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              ...if he could get Christ, however, I'd bet money he'd win.

Why would Obama be McCain's veep? :D

Comment

He'd better not choose Romney after what was said while campaigning against each other. The Dems will have a payback commercial out before you can blink. ;-)
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
                  He'd better not choose Romney after what was said while campaigning against each other. The Dems will have a payback commercial out before you can blink. ;-)
                  What about what Biden said about Obama?

In the end, I'm not sure it really matters what was said while campaigning against the other. They've got to show "unity" in the party (like that's ever going to happen)

Comment

vbird53,

Exactly. That was my point, hence the "payback" reference. Just one more reason why campaigns should be run cleanly, in case someone has to eat their words. :whistle:
                    "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Comment

Why not go with Condi? Two demographics for the price of one. Just a thought.

BTW, SB.:

What part of the phrase, "TEMPORARY McCAINOCRAT" excites you? For the life of me, I don't see it.
                        I mean, if someone's going to back me, is it too much to ask that they back me 100%? I wouldn't want any of this namby-pamby stuff. It's not exactly a sparkling endorsement.
                        And, now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of research to do on Independent candidates... :( :-x

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
                          Why not go with Condi? Two demographics for the price of one. Just a thought.

BTW, SB.:

What part of the phrase, "TEMPORARY McCAINOCRAT" excites you? For the life of me, I don't see it.
                          None. I have said plenty of times that I don't like either candidate (and if Romney is the VP - I will vote third party). I'm only following the election for comedic value and I found this picture funny - because if McCain wins one of the reason will be because of temper tantrum of some democrats.

Comment

The facts that 20% of Hillary voters intend to vote McCain and that Lieberman is even in the discussion as VP, is all that needs to be said.

The only question remaining is, which Democrat is going to win in November?

I so hope conservatives don't buckle and vote for McCain.

Comment

I don't get the negative vibes on Romney. He was my governor back in Mass. and the man got things done. He treats politics like a going business concern - looking to trim the fat and balance the budget. He certainly fills the business/economy void with the McCain camp. Not to mention he's a tenacious bulldog out on the campaign trail.

Comment

Working...
                              X