Obama VP - Who do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the following posted at http://standstrongamerica.novahost.org/

No sooner had Barack Obama publicly announced his new running mate had John McCain’s campaign produced an attack ad asking: Why not Hillary?

“Passed Over” will hit the airwaves at (you guessed it) 3 a.m. Sunday. The timing is a reference to Hillary Clinton’s national security ad during the Democratic primary and the same time the Obama campaign sent out its text message announcing Delaware Sen. Joseph Biden as the vice-presidential nominee.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
      Obama is anti Iraq war & Biden supported military use in Iraq. Makes no sense.

Foreign policy is a minor issue for most americans. Most of us are worried about the economy. I don`t see how either democratic candidate can fix the economy.
      And no one will be able to see how the Republican candidates will be able to fix the economy either. I mean, McCain wants to give multi-billion dollar military contracts to French companies instead of keeping the money here.

The economy will have to fix itself. None of these jokers will do anything, unless McCain starts another war and makes it worse.

Comment

The real question now is whether McCain will try and takes advantage of Obama's weakness with women and nominate a women as his running mate?

Comment

Foreign policy is a minor issue for most americans. Most of us are worried about the economy. I don`t see how either democratic candidate can fix the economy.

I agree. However the other party has shown that it can ruin the economy (and the budget and the military and FEMA and the DOJ and ... ). :D
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
            Is Biden a Washington insider? Probably, but a wise man knows to instigate change you must be able to convince those that hold the power to do so. Obama is smart enough to know that people like Biden can be strong allies. Biden also helps in shoring up blue collar states like Penn and Ohio .

Give Obama credit he made a wise decision.

11, I'm just curious what the view is like buried deep in the backyard of Senator Obama?

:D

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

I agree. However the other party has shown that it can ruin the economy (and the budget and the military and FEMA and the DOJ and ... ). :D

Yeah, the Dem's record on the economy is stellar. When will you leftists get it through your thick skulls that more goverment is bad?

You are without a doubt the dumbest smart people I know.

The Republicans ruining the military? FEMA? Please.....the Dems hate everything about the military...don't try to get away from that. As far as FEMA, it is a disaster in it's own right. It is chock full of Dems and if you had ever seen it in operation close up (as I have) you would know why it fails. You want to blame the guy at the top, as you always do. You guys are the biggest one trick ponies of all time.

Comment

WuDrWu: So you are having fun with these discussions. :D

In some ways, you completely misunderstand my political views. That's OK; I don't mind. Unless I am mistaken, Clinton was a "Dem" and the economy, budget deficit, etc. were better than under Bush.

I'm not sure what is a "leftist" exactly. IMHO part of the problem is that politics has become like sports. You're a fan of the Republican team and you want your team to win, even if it will do really bad things to the country. Lots of people have picked their "team" and care more about the success of their team than the health of the country. This allows people (like you) to ignore the failings of the current administration when a rational political analysis might suggest that a periodic change in administration (from Dem to Rep or from Rep to Dem) is actually good for the nation.

As for myself, I have worked in political campaigns for members of both of the main political parties and I have always supported the person, not the party. I have also worked in nonpartisan races.

Going back to your blinders, Bush appointed Michael Brown to run FEMA. Look at this link: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...103003,00.html
                At least you don't seem to think that the leadership at the top matters: "You want to blame the guy at the top, as you always do."
                :lol:

"the Dems hate everything about the military": My father was a Dem and he served in the military in the 1940s. My uncle was a Dem and he was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds received at Iwo Jima. Another uncle served in the navy in the 1960s and 1970s; he still can't talk about his work (other than that the general area was underwater detection, listening posts, etc.) One of my brothers is a Dem and he served in the 1980s. BTW: My mom is a Rep. All of us vote on the person, not the party.

As for the state of the military, do you think the US is ready to respond to a conventional Russian attack on Poland? Georgia? A North Korean attack on South Korea? Are many of our M1 (Abrams) tanks in need of complete stateside overhauls? (Which gun on the Abrams is best, M68A1 or M256A1? 105 rifled or 120 smoothbore?) Are we creating APCs which are great for use against IEDs and not so great against BMP-3s? The fact that the Russian military is a joke is the only reason we can get away with our current military weakness.
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I don't know...if Susan Eisenhower (born and bred Republican) is now switching to Independent, but voting Democrat this year, something is wrong. Too many weird things are happening.

"She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
                    I don't know...if Susan Eisenhower (born and bred Republican) is now switching to Independent, but voting Democrat this year, something is wrong. Too many weird things are happening.

http://www.nationalinterest.org/Article.aspx?id=19618
                    :clap: :clap: :good: :good: 8) 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Just so you know, some of you are taking this Off-topic stuff much more seriously than am I. To me, we're all (Shocker) family and that matters a lot more than some silly political, social, religious, etc. disagreements on an internet message board.

Now it would be a serious crime if you failed to attend this season volleyball matches!!
                      :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:

Comment

I totally agree that too many in this country take sides based off of party affiliation rather than the people actually running and are completely blinded to what's going on. If that didn't happen neither of the two being discussed would win. Both will do more harm than good.

As far as the military goes, the Dems do have a history of not being military friendly when it comes to financing.

The Clinton administration wasn't as good as people make it out to be. But he was far from being brutal. Bush has made a number of mistakes but what he's dealt with is far different than what Clinton did. I still don't think history will show him as negatively as what he's viewed now. But he's far from perfect.

Both political parties are too far to the left as a whole for me to really support. I'm still hoping a conservative will rise up at some point and move this country back towards where it should be and stop the shift it's been on for the past 15 years or so.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

SubGod22: I hope you're not trying to duck the important issue, which is volleyball attendance. 8) :D

Comment

I plan on being there as often as possible. I convinced my brother to take his girls last year and now they're season ticket holders. I'm trying to do my part :D
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                            X