Michael Phelps' diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Phelps' diet

Phelps' diet - which involves ingesting 4,000 calories every time he sits down for a meal - resembles that of a reckless overeater rather than an Olympian.

Phelps lends a new spin to the phrase "Breakfast of Champions" by starting off his day by eating three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise.

He follows that up with two cups of coffee, a five-egg omelet, a bowl of grits, three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar and three chocolate-chip pancakes.

At lunch, Phelps gobbles up a pound of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches slathered with mayo on white bread - capping off the meal by chugging about 1,000 calories worth of energy drinks.

For dinner, Phelps really loads up on the carbs - what he needs to give him plenty of energy for his five-hours-a-day, six-days-a-week regimen - with a pound of pasta and an entire pizza.

He'll regret it as he ages.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
      I think the dozen or so gold medals might help him cope...
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle

What good are medals when you have heart disease or a stroke or worse!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

it's not like Michael is eating this for fun. He swims for hours every single day and he needs all those calories to replish his body. Try eating 12,000 calories on lean chicken, nuts, fruit and vegetables. it's pretty damn hard because he has to eat even more to make it 12,000 calories.

Comment

whatever he does, it sure is working
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

What good is growing old period if you have nothing to show for it?!

Comment

:good:
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

no he wont. its not bad to eat all those calories if you are using all of them. As much as he swims and workouts he needs all of those just to function and so he doesnt look like an absolute twig.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle

I think that would only be a problem IF he continues eat the 12,000 calories after he's done training/competing in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop
                      What good is growing old period if you have nothing to show for it?!

Silly statement, most people have the desire to live. Each persons idea of achievement is personnal. 8)

Comment

We all could eat a lot when we were kids.

Comment

I gained 5 pounds by just reading it.

Comment

Dr. Mike Rogers (Fellow of the American College of Sport Medicine) was telling me once about when he used to assist in the training of Lance Armstrong at the U of Texas. He claimed that Armstrong would eat a box (12) of Snickers nearly every day of the Tour de France. This was in addition to regular meals. Dude was burning calories like no other! He did, and to a certain extent still does, have the highest lung capacity, cardiac output, and lactate threshold of anyone they ever tested.

Comment

Working...
                            X