"Mission Accomplished"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maggie
    As such, I would not advocate “washing our hands” of Iraq – we should, on a moral and political basis finish what we started. As I stated in my first post in this thread – we should not abandon the policies we have sought to engender in the larger world because it has proved more difficult, is this particular theater, than our elected officials, anyway, anticipated.

A stable Iraq is good for the security of this country.
    Iraq is a country that is deeply divided into three groups.
    • Shiites

Sunnis

Kurds

These groups have deep antipithy to one another. Add to it the United States is primarily a Christian nation and supports the most hated country in the Middle East. To expect these diverse groups to bury the hatchet and come together is just idealistic garbage. One has only to look at the history of Ireland to see how divisive religion can be.

Its sad to say but GW is trying to build a sandcastle a couple of feet from the incoming tide. It is sheer arrogance to think that our form of political system is the best solution for all countries in the world.

There are two solutions - either get out or rebuild the foundation. By rebuilding the foundation I mean to accept the fact that these three groups are not going to work together. Either divide them literally or set up a confederation system where thet are divided into three states that pretty much govern each other with a very weak central government. Anything else is just a waste of money and lives.

Comment

In northern Iraq, some of the Kurds are crossing-over into Turkey and are now called Turds. I should know, I invented the cross-over in the early 70's.
      I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Why leave Iraq? Let's stay for 100 years, 200 years, 300 years. Why not make it the 51st state? A little Imperialism anyone? If all they can handle is a dictatorship, we could setup Bobby Knight as their King. I think he'd like to be a King.

Comment

What about this guy?

He's already dressed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
            Why leave Iraq? Let's stay for 100 years, 200 years, 300 years. Why not make it the 51st state? A little Imperialism anyone? If all they can handle is a dictatorship, we could setup Bobby Knight as their King. I think he'd like to be a King.
            OK, you sold me. When will Park City try to anex Iraq and build a tourist center or race track? ;-) :lol:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

We need to get out of Iraq .. period. It is bankrupting our country. Would like to see our country sold to the Japanese someday lock, stock, and barrel.
              Our country needs to internalize more and solve our OWN problems that exist.

The result will be the same over there no matter when we leave. One only has to read Revelations to know that.

---3 time Viet Nam veteran.

Comment

Working...
              X