"Mission Accomplished"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mission Accomplished"

Ok, let me start by saying I'm not for or against Bush...

This "Mission Accomplished" message comes up every year around this time. Serious question... Does Bush think the American people are idiots? Does he really think we can't remember what happened only a few years ago? He should just admit he made a mistake in his attempt to get reelected and go on, instead of back tracking. I was watching a show last night; don't remember the channel, but it highlighted worst celebrity excuses. I think this one should have topped the list.

“President Bush is well aware that the banner should have been much more specific and said ‘mission accomplished’ for these sailors who are on this ship on their mission,” White House press secretary Dana Perino said Wednesday. “And we have certainly paid a price for not being more specific on that banner. And I recognize that the media is going to play this up again tomorrow, as they do every single year.”

It might be better if you can just rewatch these short clips...maybe Bush and his people should watch them too...

No mention of this particular crew...
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

mr moose sir you are unpatriotic how dare you question our president.

Im kidding but somebody somwhere will have a field day and actually believe that.

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool at the time, and for the soldiers I'm sure it was the encouragement they needed.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

It would have been cool if it were the truth. On the bright side, it is only eight months until the end of the most embarassing presidency in the history of our country.

Comment

It would have been cool if it were the truth. On the bright side, it is only eight months until the end of the most embarassing presidency in the history of our country.
            No, we are almost 8 years out of the most embarassing presidency inthe history of our country.
            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Sure Shirley, sure. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Comment

What about quotes like "I did smoke it, but I didn't inhale". :roll:

I think your both half right. Its the last 16 years of embarassement.
                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Fortunatly BJ's under the desk and smoking but not inhaling didn't involve the loss of over 4,000 US solders...most of which were after the "war" was declared essentially over. :(

Comment

Now Marty, we don't need to start including relevant facts in this debate. Everyone knows that Bill Clinton caused much more embarassment and damage to America than W ever could have or is currently doing..... :roll:

Comment

When it comes down to it, neither Bush or Clinton are the worst presidencies in this countries history. They're the most recent and the ones everybody can remember. So all the negatives and/or positives that you choose to remember are fresh.

My honest opinion is neither were great and neither were horrible. Sadly, the next four years won't be any better no matter which of the three remaining get elected.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Sadly, the next four years won't be any better no matter which of the three remaining get elected.
                        That's more than likley true.

Comment

Re: "Mission Accomplished"

Originally posted by martymoose
                          Ok, let me start by saying I'm not for or against Bush...

This "Mission Accomplished" message comes up every year around this time. Serious question... Does Bush think the American people are idiots? Does he really think we can't remember what happened only a few years ago? He should just admit he made a mistake in his attempt to get reelected and go on, instead of back tracking. I was watching a show last night; don't remember the channel, but it highlighted worst celebrity excuses. I think this one should have topped the list.
                          I personally think Cheney saying "the insurgency is in its last throws" is probably worse but thats just my opinion.

As for who is worse, Bill or GW, well take a look at the numbers and spending wise there is no comparison.

Bush budgets:

United States federal budget, 2009 - $3.10 trillion (proposed)
                          United States federal budget, 2008 - $2.90 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 2007 - $2.77 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 2006 - $2.7 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 2005 - $2.4 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 2004 - $2.3 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 2003 - $2.2 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 2002 - $2.0 trillion

Clinton Budgets:

United States federal budget, 2001 - $1.9 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 2000 - $1.8 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 1999 - $1.7 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 1998 - $1.7 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 1997 - $1.6 trillion
                          United States federal budget, 1996 - $1.6 trillion

Comment

I'm not a Bush supporter but that isn't quite an apples to apples comparison. Clinton didn't have to support a war effort.

But you are right. Bush and the cowardly Congress have allowed spending to get out of control, trying to control things they can contain for only so long.

As long we continue voting for career politicians, it isn't going to get any better.

Comment

The funny things is that Bush has horrible approval ratings but Congress is worse.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X