WSU Football-Gateway Conference Financials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to have football back, so here is my question:

Are our current administrators ignorant, biased against football, or just not smart enough to look on the internet for 5 minutes and come up with financials from other schools that clearly show we should have football, and in fact should of had it re-instated yesterday? <---rhetorical

I would bet that the administration looks at this at least every other year, if not every year, and the big donors continually tell Beggs and now Sexton; NO!

Comment

Project 20/20

First season for Divison 1 FBS Football should be in 2020. We could start an FCS program in 2012 and slowly build up for the move in 2020. The big East split is coming. How great would it be to be in a conference with Tulsa, Mo-State, Houston, Tulane, Rice, SMU, etc... Imagine what that would do for are baseball program as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
        Project 20/20

First season for Divison 1 FCS Football should be in 2020. We could start an FCS program in 2012 and slowly build up for the move in 2020. The big East split is coming. How great would it be to be in a conference with Tulsa, Mo-State, Houston, Tulane, Rice, SMU, etc... Imagine what that would do for are baseball program as well.
        It might help baseball, but wouldn't do a thing for the other sports.

And I just can't imagine that they have even looked at it in the past few years. From what I read on here, some think that Beggs doesn't even want to entertain the notion at all.

Comment

That's pretty much what I've gathered over the past few years rr.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Less than 5% of your tuition is currently allocated to athletic purposes. Considering that athletics influences a majority of the overall perception of a university, a very minor increase in fees for athletic endeavors is a small price to pay for improving the overall image of WSU, which could foster a better academic atmosphere and standing.
            As a parent currently paying tuition and fees for more than one WSU student, I've looked into this issue.
            1. No tuition money ($130.40 per SCH) goes to athletics.
            2. WSU student fees of $25 per SCH goes to a variety of activities including athletics. If all of the $25 went to athletics, then athletics at WSU would receive about $7,500,000 per year. This would not pay for D1 BCS football. http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=tuitionfe...07/tuitionfees
            I was lumping all tuition and fees into "tuition" in that statement.

Based on other articles, less than $2/ch were going to athletic facilities. With the new baseball agreement, that may be up to around $2.50. That leaves another $5/ch to reach 5% of $155 (tuition and fees). So I'm pretty sure I'm at least in the ballpark.

Comment

Working...
            X