X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From earlier in the trip, WuShock rockin' the Tour de France

IMG_4687.jpg

Comment

Say hello to Haitong Li who just posted a 63. He was in Wichita for the Air Capital a couple of years ago. Fine, funny young man

Comment

I love the tour and I wish I would have seen that flag on TV.

I hope @I_Vector_Wu: has been able to enjoy the latter part of this final round.

Jordan Spieth's last 90 has been as incredible as incredible gets. After hitting a ball 100 yards off target, taking an unplayable and hitting his 3rd between the Taylor Made and Ping trucks, he gets up and down for a remarkable bogey, then nearly makes a hole in one, roles in a 30 foot eagle, a 40 foot biirdie and after Matt Kucher made an 18 foot birdie to cut the lead to 1, Speith makes yet another birdie to lead by 2 and all but wrap up his 1st Open Championship.

Comment

I was only at the Open on Thursday. It was a 3 hour train ride each way from London which made for a long day, but well worth it. I had some time on the way back changing trains in Liverpool, so I had to stop for some Fish and Chips. I found it strange (Penny Lane) that Paul McCartney was in Wichita when I was in Liverpool. We arrived in Paris via the Chunnel on Saturday. Today we caught the final stage of the TdF, what we could see anyway. We were near the Louvre as they emerged from the tunnel and turned down the Rue de Rivoli.
          IMG_6285.jpgIMG_6321.jpgIMG_5203.jpg

Comment

Last night we took in the Vivaldi Four Seasons Concert at St Chapell. If you love stained glass, this is your place. As we sat down, the two couples in front us noticed the WSU jacket my daughter was wearing and said hello. They were from Wichita too, small world I guess.
            IMG_6188.jpgIMG_6192.jpg

Comment

Favorite picture of the trip. We fly home Tuesday, I'm ready to relax a little.:playful:
              IMG_4495.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                Last night we took in the Vivaldi Four Seasons Concert at St Chapell. If you love stained glass, this is your place. As we sat down, the two couples in front us noticed the WSU jacket my daughter was wearing and said hello. They were from Wichita too, small world I guess.
                That is awesome. The most beautiful interior of any church in the world IMO.

Looks like quite a trip.

Comment

It is entertaining to watch Spieth. He makes some of the best and some of the worst shots on the tour.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I love the tour and I wish I would have seen that flag on TV.

I hope @I_Vector_Wu has been able to enjoy the latter part of this final round.

Jordan Spieth's last 90 has been as incredible as incredible gets. After hitting a ball 100 yards off target, taking an unplayable and hitting his 3rd between the Taylor Made and Ping trucks, he gets up and down for a remarkable bogey, then nearly makes a hole in one, roles in a 30 foot eagle, a 40 foot biirdie and after Matt Kucher made an 18 foot birdie to cut the lead to 1, Speith makes yet another birdie to lead by 2 and all but wrap up his 1st Open Championship.
                    A spectacular and perhaps a bit of an unexpected turn around by Jordon Spieth considering how he had played the 1st 13 holes. How could he possibly have any confidence? Matt Kuchar did not play bad down the stretch. He was 2-under over the 14th thru 17th holes and lost 3 strokes to Jordan going from up 1 stroke to down 2. The old Wide World of Sports lead in of "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" certainly were in play at the end of this Open.

Really a heartbreaking loss for Kuchar who seems like a really good guy but it wasn't like he gave it away.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 24, 2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Jordan Speith is special. He is destined to be one of the greats. He is the PGA Championship away at age 24 to have the career grand slam. GO SHOX...GO JORDAN!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X