No announcement yet.

Eric, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies aren't necessary. I am sorry for your loss and will pray for him and those that knew him who remain.

Comment

I worked with Big E in several 13U NBC State Tournament games in the past, as he often helped us out. When I took over for Bob Sinks as UIC for such tournaments, Eric was always willing to work games, even though he had opportunities at working higher-level games. He was always willing to give back, to help breed the next generation of umpires. He was the loudest behind the dish, and absolutely hilarious in the umpire locker room (aka parking lot) after the games. He will be dearly missed. Many of my umpires working this year's 13U NBC State Tournament will be wearing black for Eric tomorrow. #blackforblue

Comment

Awful news for those who loved him. I didn't know him, but it sounds like he was a great guy.

The joy I find in this is that he died while doing something he loved. I cannot think of a better way to leave this Earth. If God calls me home while I'm watching a Shocker Basketball game at the Roundhouse many years from now (I suppose it's not completely unlikely since I like to "casually" help refs know when they might have missed a call), that would be okay.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          He must have me confused with someone else.
          I certainly thought it was you. Happy you're still with us.

Comment

He must have me confused with someone else.
            Glad you aren't gone as well.

Comment

Apologies aren't necessary. I am sorry for your loss and will pray for him and those that knew him who remain.
              Jesus God I am on bended knee right now. I log on, read this, and thinking it's real. I can't even begin to tell you how close I came to reaching out to your family......Man I'm thrilled you're ok but damnit 'pin....but then I'm sorry for your loss too.....that was an emotional 5 minutes I can tell you.

Comment

Occasionally I will post before reading an entire thread. Glad I didn't do that today.

Glad Eric is okay, but condolences to the family of Umpire Eric. Sounds like we lost a really good guy. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Awful news, but also glad it wasn't @Eric:.

Here is a short piece from HutchPost about it.

Comment

Eric Shannon Funeral
                    Wednesday, July 12th - 10:30 a.m.
                    St. Catherine of Siena
                    3642 N. Ridge Road
                    Wichita, KS 67205
                    There will also be a Rosary Tuesday, July 11th, at 7 p.m.
                    An EDUCATION FUND has been set up for Sage & Jesse. Memorials can be sent to the Church OR:
                    Jodi Shannon, 2810 N. Keith, Wichita, KS 67205
                    Note in Memo: Shannon Children Education Fund
                    Obituary Link: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansas/obituary.aspx…

Comment

He and I sort of did the same thing for a living. That's the same kind of business I own.

Comment

Working...
                      X