No announcement yet.

Bill Warren selling 7 of his theatres to Regal Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought some nachos and candy and some chicken strips and stuff. Asked for a water. It is barely bigger than a communion cup. Won't even fit in the cup holder without some mental gymnastics. Seats are torn. Place is getting dirty.

Sad ... I loved this place.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I’ve always wondered if Bill Warren’s master plan was to sell high to Regal, let them run it into the ground and kill off product demand for a few years, then buy back low. Kind of a reverse ROI.

Maybe I’m just being hopeful.

Comment

• wheathead
        wheathead commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re not the only one with that thought.

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        At this rate, that plan will work quicker than expected.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Just bought some nachos and candy and some chicken strips and stuff. Asked for a water. It is barely bigger than a communion cup. Won't even fit in the cup holder without some mental gymnastics. Seats are torn. Place is getting dirty.

Sad ... I loved this place.
      You gotta stop going to movies alone.

Comment

I just figured Bill was old, had transferred the business to his children, and like most offspring that take over their parent's successful enterprise, they were too lazy and incompetent to keep it running so they cashed out. Now they spend their time fighting in court and snorting coke during recess.

It's a travesty how they snuck the demolition of the Palace past the public too. They fast-tracked it to avoid a riot. People were on the news crying when they heard about it.

T

...:cool:

Comment

That newscast probably originated somewhere in Oklahoma:)

Comment

Don’t blame bill for selling.. i would have sold them sooner when they were in better shape. With that said, the old town theatre now smells like feet and vomit. Haven’t been east or west warrens in some time, but did check out the amc northrock a while back. It was alright, but not a warren from say 2000.

Comment

Warren 21 on 13th Street was very nice this past weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X