Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
    but why does it bother you so much?
    It does not bother me one bit, I just find it strange.
    I kinda find your tagline strange, but that's just me.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      I have seen these, too and thought they were odd. It does seem as though the one being memorialized is a young person. I suppose some feel they are honoring the deceased and perhaps it aids them in the mourning process.

I've also thought that laying a memorial at the location of a crash site was strange.

I've never lost a close family member that was young, so I just assume that it is something I can't relate to.
      I haven't ever seen one of the things on a car windshield. But the roadside ones always have seemed strange to me as well. But the ones that are even worse are the ones I see when I'm at work. Working for a railroad and seeing those crosses next to the tracks just blow my mind. Like the guy that was on the train that hit someone really needs to be reminded of that everytime he goes by there. There is one in particular that has the person's name really big on it. I know if it was me who hit them, I wouldn't want to be reminded of it everyday I went through there. It isn't exactly easy to get over hitting someone that chose not to heed warning signs at a railroad crossing, especially when there isn't anything you can do about it.

Comment

Working...
      X