2016 MLB Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    It's great that the Cubs won. Now instead of being that special team that hasn't won in 100+ years, they are just another team with only 3 World Series wins.
    That is exactly right. The Cubs are one of only four teams to win three World Series. Only ten teams have won more, yet 16 have won less. Two teams have won zero. Being in the top 2/3's isn't all bad. Two days ago, they were the team that had gone the longest without winning.

What a difference a day makes!
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

20161113_221649.jpg

Found some of my old Cubs gear. Cub Fan, Bart Man from long before anyone knew who Steve Bartman was.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

20161113_221631.jpg

Spring Training shirt. 1984.

Comment

20161113_221605.jpg

I think this was around 1987. I'm pissed I can't find my old home and road game jerseys. The oldest shirt was in tatters, from mid 70's. I found over a dozen shirts in a box in the basement. Was looking for photos for my fifth grader's school project.

I felt like Dave Hester when he scored a locker with a hidden treasure!

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4160[/ATTACH]

I think this was around 1987. I'm pissed I can't find my old home and road game jerseys. The oldest shirt was in tatters, from mid 70's. I found over a dozen shirts in a box in the basement. Was looking for photos for my fifth grader's school project.

I felt like Dave Hester when he scored a locker with a hidden treasure!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              LMAO!

Rarely do I laugh out loud to a meme, but I binged watched a bunch of episodes just the other day, and in almost all of them Darrell was saying that exact same stupid stuff. I'm not sure if he is the dumbest person on reality tv!

Comment

I'm not a big Cubs fan, but this is cool! Have a Kleenex handy.

For 108 years Cubs fans waited, but in 2016 the unthinkable happened as the "lovable losers" became champions. To honor their fans, the Cubs held a contest to make a dream come true for 20 of their most loyal fans: presenting the World Series rings.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  I'm not a big Cubs fan, but this is cool! Have a Kleenex handy.

http://es.pn/2ogcSTL
                  I'm not a big Cubs fan either, but that was an all-star worthy way to celebrate the ring ceremony. What a classy celebration Amy Liss is my new hero!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X