No announcement yet.

Well that was a big one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont have an opinion on fracking, I just know that there hasn't been any fracking and nothing has been pumped into the southernmost fault.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      I dont have an opinion on fracking, I just know that there hasn't been any fracking and nothing has been pumped into the southernmost fault.
      I'm a fracking engineer wannabe and would be happy to troubleshoot the dry well situation in the southernmost fault, if you'd issue me a temporary overnight permit. I promise I'll probe the pipe with clean equipment. Well it'll be fairly clean unless it hits mud, which they say can happen on occasion.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I'm a fracking engineer wannabe and would be happy to troubleshoot the dry well situation in the southernmost fault, if you'd issue me a temporary overnight permit. I promise I'll probe the pipe with clean equipment. Well it'll be fairly clean unless it hits mud, which they say can happen on occasion.
        Don't dispose of any wastewater. That's a no-no.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          If you can get the permits, go for it! For over 20 years to no avail, I've been trying to get an exploratory drilling permit, there. I've bribed, begged and lied. I've even gotten the decision maker drunk. I don't mind working in a used oilfield, as long as I know it will pay dividends, so explore away!
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Drilling dry holes has put many exploration ventures out of business.

Comment

Sometimes I forget why I pay attention to the off-topic forum.

And then something like this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

It's been difficult, but I've had to refrain... :)
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  There's certainly an undeniable correlation between the wastewater injection wells and earthquakes; however, causation... ?

The wells are several hundred/thousand feet deep; the earthquakes are occurring several miles deep. Seems to be a logical disconnect there, but I'm not a geologist.
                  I've always been under the assumption that the quake originates near the same area of the drilling or injection.

And I'm really not sure if this reply is in the satirical or literal context of the current discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    I've always been under the assumption that the quake originates near the same area of the drilling or injection.

And I'm really not sure if this reply is in the satirical or literal context of the current discussion.
                    I'm no geologist, but here is how I see it.

Sometimes you have to do extensive work on territory distant from the drilling site. A lot of the time, lots of preliminary exploration in the mountains preceeds any drilling. I've even trucked my derrick right through the mountain passes before shoving my bit into the eventual drill site. It all depends.

As for the quake, the biggest ones seem to come from deep within the injection site, but lesser quakes have occured from preliminary work up in the hills. There are plenty of things that make the ground shake, but the biggest shakes seem to come right from the injection site.

That is just from my persinal observations as someone that has drilled plenty of holes over the last 30+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

You wont find quality threads like this on any other Valley sites.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

No, my comment was literal.

Comment

Has anybody said, "That's what she said."?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            It was implied.

Comment

That would seem to be appropriate, considering the name of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                :) Almost immediately when the thread began.

Comment

Working...
                                X