Snipers shoot 10 Dallas Cops at Black Lives Matter Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    An honest question, why is it okay for a single citizen to be heavily armed, dare I say militarized, while our police agencies are not given the fire power to match those of civilians? Most on this board are probably too young to remember the North Hollywood shootout but this incident is a significant reason why local police agencies have the weaponry they have.
    Personally, I want my local police department to be as heavily armed as they need to be to match the threat level of the situation.
    I don't think anyone has AR15 derivatives and body armor in mind when they refer to the militarization of law enforcement. Those are just tools of the trade.

Personally, I think of MRAP's filled with a bunch of Seal Team Six stunt doubles loaded up in the back, so that a pothead can be served a bench warrant. Or in more common situations, LEO's dressed up in all black tactical gear, driving around in all black cruisers, with black wheels and tinted windows. Makes them feel like they're just another one of the gangs. A well-funded and well-trained gang, but still a gang.

Have you ever seen what law enforcement visually looks like in say Europe? They're appearance in dress and transportation is much, much different. They don't roll around intentionally trying to look sinister and menacing.
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; July 8, 2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      I don't think anyone has AR15 derivatives and body armor in mind when they refer to the militarization of law enforcement. Those are just tools of the trade. Personally, I think of MRAP's filled with a bunch of Seal Team Six stunt doubles loaded up in the back, so that a pothead can be served a bench warrant.
      :good:
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        You can see my post in response to @SHOCKvalue:.

So that I don't post 3 times in a row, I have one more question that I'll ask here.

I'm interested to hear from people who would generally be opposed to more gun control. If the Second Amendment is a self-defense right, what does last night mean for our right to bear arms? If there was no safe way to take the shooters down with guns, should civilians also have the right to own explosive devices for protection purposes?
        I want an RPG and some fragmentation grenades. If they're good enough for the Mexican cartels, they're good enough for me!

Comment

Interesting. So the bad guys really did have bombs last night. I assumed that was just a ruse.
          Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          That's not how I originally interpreted the tweet, but you might be right. I assumed that was the controlled detonation of the bag from the bomb squad (whether or not the bag actually had an explosion). I definitely do not know one way or the other, and I haven't seen it online yet.

Edit: it does appear there were explosive devices in at least two bags.
          All the dates on those tweets are from June 13, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            All the dates on those tweets are from June 13, 2015.
            Hahaha, good call.

Comment

Have you ever seen what law enforcement visually looks like in say Europe? They're appearance in dress and transportation is much, much different. They don't roll around intentionally trying to look sinister and menacing.
              Yes, more like Europe

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Yes, more like Europe
                I'd take the LE culture of much of Europe over the current LE culture in the US in a freaking heartbeat. The ego, the bravado, the authoritarianism all drastically different.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  An honest question, why is it okay for a single citizen to be heavily armed, dare I say militarized, while our police agencies are not given the fire power to match those of civilians? Most on this board are probably too young to remember the North Hollywood shootout but this incident is a significant reason why local police agencies have the weaponry they have.
                  Personally, I want my local police department to be as heavily armed as they need to be to match the threat level of the situation.
                  Especially with the drug cartels they are facing

Comment

This is what happens when their is a continual message being played in a large segment of the media that casts large segments of the population as victims, and perpetrates the narrative that those segments have zero chance of ever overcoming institutional barriers purposefully placed in their way, and succeeding.

It's sad that the people who claim to be on their side do very little to inspire and try and correct the cronic problems that hinder success. Instead, they foster a lack of personal responsabilty and enable continual dependence, when they should be empowering self reliance and assist law enforcement to fircely prosecute the elements that make these low income neighborhoods dangerous, instead of undermining their authority based on generally false narratives.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Two things that would be better for the disenfranchised:

Take away the power of the gangs by legalizing and controlling recreational drug use

Make being on any form of government welfare "uncomfortable".
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Militarization of police is a problem. They should have access to the same weapons as any citizen, no more, and no less. I think we need less police officers in my area. Maybe your area differs, but a single cruiser with two officers and 2-4 more at the station seems like plenty for a shift; or have police serve as firemen as well. 8-10 hours a day of cruising for traffic citations will make a cop start looking for trouble to stop. That's not really necessary.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Two things that would be better for the disenfranchised:

Take away the power of the gangs by legalizing and controlling recreational drug use

Make being on any form of government welfare "uncomfortable".
                          Interesting thoughts

Comment

Militarization of police is a problem. They should have access to the same weapons as any citizen, no more, and no less. I think we need less police officers in my area. Maybe your area differs, but a single cruiser with two officers and 2-4 more at the station seems like plenty for a shift; or have police serve as firemen as well. 8-10 hours a day of cruising for traffic citations will make a cop start looking for trouble to stop. That's not really necessary.
                            I am not sure that it is a problem. I doubt if you could hire anyone nowadays, to go out without body armor

Comment

I am not sure that it is a problem.
                              Which part?

I doubt if you could hire anyone nowadays, to go out without body armor
                              I agree. They should all have and wear body armor.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

I guess that might work if u live in Mayberry.

Comment

Working...
                                X