3 in critical

11th officer shot

Comment

#4 Officer has died

1 civillian also wounded

Comment

nm

Comment

This is about a block from my office. Terrible tragedy.

Comment

This is an awful and tragic night for our country. More blood is going to be shed. I pray the blood spilled is only from the evil that shot those officers.

In my opinion, there is blood all over the hands of our shitty President tonight. This is his ****ing fault.

Comment

This is what happens when 10s of millions of Americans become disenfranchised economically, socially, culturally, educationally, racially, religiously, etc. etc.

There is no hope for 70+ million people to ever leave the lower class. Not to mention the 45 million in poverty. NONE.

Lack of opportunity, income inequality, and elitism is going to ruin this country. It already has.

I really, really look forward to a 40-70 year old white male responding to this post telling me about how there is still socioeconomic mobility in this country.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                This is what happens when 10s of millions of Americans become disenfranchised economically, socially, culturally, educationally, racially, religiously, etc. etc.

There is no hope for 70+ million people to ever leave the lower class. Not to mention the 45 million in poverty. NONE.

Lack of opportunity, income inequality, and elitism is going to ruin this country. It already has.

I really, really look forward to a 40-70 year old white male responding to this post telling me about how there is still socioeconomic mobility in this country.
                Fawking please...

(I fall outside your target demo, BTW.)
                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; July 8, 2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  This is an awful and tragic night for our country. More blood is going to be shed. I pray the blood spilled is only from the evil that shot those officers.

In my opinion, there is blood all over the hands of our shitty President tonight. This is his ****ing fault.
                  You should check out what the MN Gov had to say. Obummer's tact has nothing on that guy.

Comment

I'll go ahead and blame the two nutjobs who committed the atrocity.

Comment

In light of what happened tonight and then you make this type of comment... You're a ****ing idiot.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

No offense, but wait until you've worked your tail off for 30 years and some professional student tells you that you're the problem and you owe him the easy life.

There is EVERY chance to be mobile. But it's NOT easy. It's hard. And it doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't happen when you complain about it.

The brass ring doesn't get hand delivered at 25 young man. And I know you know that. Too many others do not.

Comment

My hispanic wife grew up mostly with a single mom who worked 2 minimum wage jobs, because on the rare occasion her father showed up he was drunk, high and physically abusive.

She and her 4 other siblings received all the local, state and federal assistance you can imagine, and you know not one of them lives in the poverty their parents did and still struggle with.

Given the hand she was dealt, my wife decided not to repeat the patterns of those all around her and to educate herself with a professional doctorate. While none of her other siblings were able to finish degrees, they did not let that stop them from learning trades and being financially able to support not only themselves but families as well.

My wife's family is not unique. If you choose not to remain ignorant, choose to work hard and educate yourself, there is no reason for you to remain in poverty in this country.

So you'll have to forgive me for calling your diatribe a steaming pile of horse$h1t.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Dallas Attacks

11 police officers killed in protest to the two black guys that were killed this week.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              11 police officers killed in protest to the two black guys that were killed this week.
                              Sorry, 11 shot, 5 killed.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X