Terror Attack in Brussels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I don't think there is much humor in these responses.
    I agree. I should have said "attempted humor".

Comment

The Belgian police are ineffective. Abdelslam was under their nose for months and they could not find him until now? No wonder we were reading articles at the time of the Paris attacks that the Belgians weren't up to policing terrorists. Are they up to the task of rounding up all the people who provided him with material support (including, I expect, his family) as well as those who participated in this current round of attacks?

I'm also hearing buzz that this latest round of attacks would encourage the Euro zone to end the open borders policy. Given that we have one country who polices more like Barney Fife having open borders with both France and Germany, I sure wouldn't be surprised to see that happen, either.

I find the whole situation very ironic, as the Belgians probably dislike Americans more than any other country in the area (France, Germany and so forth). Belgians are openly contemptuous of Americans. Right now, they could probably use our LEO assets to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        I agree. I should have said "attempted humor".
        I think that would be another mischaracterization of the exchange.

For clarity, I see sarcasm, anger and some passive aggressiveness.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          The Belgian police are ineffective. Abdelslam was under their nose for months and they could not find him until now? No wonder we were reading articles at the time of the Paris attacks that the Belgians weren't up to policing terrorists. Are they up to the task of rounding up all the people who provided him with material support (including, I expect, his family) as well as those who participated in this current round of attacks?

I'm also hearing buzz that this latest round of attacks would encourage the Euro zone to end the open borders policy. Given that we have one country who polices more like Barney Fife having open borders with both France and Germany, I sure wouldn't be surprised to see that happen, either.

I find the whole situation very ironic, as the Belgians probably dislike Americans more than any other country in the area (France, Germany and so forth). Belgians are openly contemptuous of Americans. Right now, they could probably use our LEO assets to help them.
          While I disdain terrorists, and find terror attacks Vile, repugnant and cowardly, does it really surprise people that it's happening in Belgium? ISIS found a soft spot in Belgium, there will be more attacks in Belgium. Belgium is easy pickings.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

[sigh] Ted Cruz has no understanding of what #Carpet Bombing is.

Comment

More on the way? Will a strong leader please stand up?

(CNN) Investigators are aware of multiple additional ISIS plots in Europe possibly linked to the Paris and Brussels networks that are in various stages of planning.
              Investigators are aware of multiple additional ISIS plots in Europe possibly linked to the Paris and Brussels networks that are in various stages of planning.

Comment

Belgium believes its nuclear facilities are at risk for having nuclear material stolen, and or being attacked. As an example, a nuclear security guard was murdered and his security ID specifically stolen.

Yet, Obama feels like it's good politics to remind us during his Easter weekend speech that he is fully committed to bringing in 100,000 Syrians, the vast majority of which cannot be properly vetted.

Comment

Belgium believes its nuclear facilities are at risk for having nuclear material stolen, and or being attacked. As an example, a nuclear security guard was murdered and his security ID specifically stolen.

Yet, Obama feels like it's good politics to remind us during his Easter weekend speech that he is fully committed to bringing in 100,000 Syrians, the vast majority of which cannot be properly vetted.
                  I thought it is 10,000, not 100,000.

In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/11....html?referer=
                    100,000 refugees, unknown as to what percent are Syrian, according to John Kerry:

The Secretary of State said the number will rise to 100,000 in 2017. Aides say that many, though not all, of the additional refugees would be Syrian.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/11....html?referer=
                      It appears that 10,000 is the minimum that Obama wants to bring in, without a limit to the high side (meaning up to the legally allowed limit of annual refugees which is in the neighborhood of 100,000 per year). It appears that the US is having a terrible time vetting Syrians and falling far short of the minimum goal of 10,000.

Edit: That gives me some hope, really. Instead of focusing on Obama's random minimum 10,000 number, it appears that our security isn't lowering their standard and only allowing those that can be properly vetted.

Comment

Edit: That gives me some hope, really. Instead of focusing on Obama's random minimum 10,000 number, it appears that our security isn't lowering their standard and only allowing those that can be properly vetted.
                        Welp, so much for that.

Obama is more hell bent on an arbitrary number than protecting the American people.

Comment

Welp, so much for that.

Obama is more hell bent on an arbitrary number than protecting the American people.
                          Just now figuring that one out?

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                            Just now figuring that one out?
                            Well if you read the last couple posts on this thread, it was nowhere near as bad as it is now. There was hope that they were taking their time and actually vetting the candidates properly. Now it is being reported that this has changed. They are fast tracking Syrian refugees.

Comment

I've read it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X