Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    WstateU's 2 cents...

First, do yourself a favor and visit with a financial planner; it’s well worth the commission you pay them. You’ll have less financial stress by putting your trust in them.

A wise man once told me to use 'Dollar-Cost Averaging’ as a long term investment tool; it works great and I wish I would have listened to him earlier in life. Take whatever you can afford each month (I recommend a fixed dollar amount) and make a purchase regardless of the share price. I’d recommend purchasing Mutual Funds containing mostly growth stocks. You’ll be purchasing more shares when prices are low and fewer shares when prices are high. It’s amazing how your nest egg will grow using this investment technique. It works the same as adding bi-weekly or monthly to your 401K, Simple IRA or IRA.

Some of us ‘old farts’ need current income from our portfolios; again, go see a financial planner if you haven't already.

Disclaimer: I’m not a financial planner, however I’ve used ‘Dollar-Cost Averaging’ for over 30+ years. Stay in (stock market) and ride it out; you’ll be glad you did.
    This is what I'm doing.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Looks like a big washout may be coming this morning ahead of the long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Looks like a big washout may be coming this morning ahead of the long weekend.
        What's a "washout"?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          What's a "washout"?
          Just a big selloff. Hopefully the bears take a siesta next week after all the work they've put in over the last month.

Comment

Just a big selloff. Hopefully the bears take a siesta next week after all the work they've put in over the last month.
            Amen, brother, I have some bills to pay

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
              Amen, brother, I have some bills to pay
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My broker called today and told me now is the time to rebalance and invest. I wonder how this guy earns a living?

Just for fun...my broker used to be a high school teacher. His name is Mr Woodcock.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                X