Investments Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investments Discussion

Thought it might be fun to have a thread for this. Interesting last couple of weeks, right?

Yep, but no worries here; I'm about to win the jackpot! :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Interesting is a nice way to put it. lol. I do have a tiny bit of stock in Chesapeake Energy Corp. that I'm taking a bit of a bath on. Think that would help me secure tickets to the game in OKC? :)
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I've lost 5-10% of what I've invested since November.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I saw the "Big Short" last weekend. It seems that Wall Street is just big Ponzi scheme.

Comment

Paaaaaiiiin.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I've lost so much in the oil market the last 2 weeks seem like a party in comparison.

Comment

Oil and everything associated with it has been ugly, but I think my most surprising loss is in Apple. It's down 15% plus in the last couple months.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

It's not just oil. The stock market is total crap right now. The only thing worth investing in right now is autographed WSU merchandise.

Comment

Pulled my entire portfolio in November. Been waiting for the crash.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      The only thing worth investing in right now is autographed WSU merchandise.

Comment

WstateU's 2 cents...

First, do yourself a favor and visit with a financial planner; it’s well worth the commission you pay them. You’ll have less financial stress by putting your trust in them.

A wise man once told me to use 'Dollar-Cost Averaging’ as a long term investment tool; it works great and I wish I would have listened to him earlier in life. Take whatever you can afford each month (I recommend a fixed dollar amount) and make a purchase regardless of the share price. I’d recommend purchasing Mutual Funds containing mostly growth stocks. You’ll be purchasing more shares when prices are low and fewer shares when prices are high. It’s amazing how your nest egg will grow using this investment technique. It works the same as adding bi-weekly or monthly to your 401K, Simple IRA or IRA.

Some of us ‘old farts’ need current income from our portfolios; again, go see a financial planner if you haven't already.

Disclaimer: I’m not a financial planner, however I’ve used ‘Dollar-Cost Averaging’ for over 30+ years. Stay in (stock market) and ride it out; you’ll be glad you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          It's not just oil. The stock market is total crap right now. The only thing worth investing in right now is autographed WSU merchandise.
                          Funny you say that. I had lunch with former Shocker guard Dennis Buth (1964-68). My father RIP, who has been going to Shocker games since the early 60's, collected game programs. I recently found this collection of programs and I found a game program from 1966 with Buth on the cover. He was very appreciative of me sharing this piece of memorabilia. I had him autograph it for my mother, who is as big of a Shocker fan at 80 as any of us. She will be excited. These are things that are priceless.

Comment

Dennis is a dear family friend.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              Funny you say that. I had lunch with former Shocker guard Dennis Buth (1964-68). My father RIP, who has been going to Shocker games since the early 60's, collected game programs. I recently found this collection of programs and I found a game program from 1966 with Buth on the cover. He was very appreciative of me sharing this piece of memorabilia. I had him autograph it for my mother, who is as big of a Shocker fan at 80 as any of us. She will be excited. These are things that are priceless.
                              Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X