OT...Getting Sick of this Spit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    When people who claim to be Christian go off and shoot up abortion clinics, you won't find a network of support. They are on their own and their actions get denounced. Same with crazy school shooters. There is no network for that. They are nuts.
    You bring up a good point.

Every single protest movement has crazy people who act out via terrorism.
    Anti-Abortion - Crazy guy shoots up abortionists
    Anti-Bullying - Crazy guy shoots up bullies
    Anti-War - Crazy guy bombs government buildings
    Anti-Police Brutality - Crazy guy executes a cop
    Anti-Gay Marriage - Crazy guy kills random gay guy

I could go on and on. The point being, any time you have a protest group with passionate people, some extreme crazies will go too far and be violent. The key is figuring out how many of these crazies are out there and are they supported by the larger protest group as a whole.

When someone shoots up an abortion clinic, 99.9% of the pro-life movement vocally condemns it.
    When someone shoots the bullies at their school, 99.9% of the anti-bullying movement vocally condemns it.
    Same for anti-war bombings, murders of gays, etc.

The issue around cops and brutality is an interesting one, but I'll save that for another time.

The most unique issue, by far, is extreme Islam. Jihadists willing to kill civilians throughout the world may not be the majority of the world's Muslim population, but they are enough of a sizeable percentage to occupy vast land masses, small armies, and complex networks.

There is no reason to deny that there are dangerous terrorists within nearly all causes. There is also no reason to imply that the scale of these dangers is anywhere nearly equal. It is not the mere existence, but instead the massive scale of Islamic terrorism that demands such significant response.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      It's now been determined that Farook got the money with a collateral-free loan.

So?

How does a person making as little as he was qualify for $28 k without collateral?

Who cares?

I'm betting somewhere there is a bank examiner examining the bank in question's underwriting guidelines.

Again, so?

But aside from that, we can throw all these conspiracy theories out the window.

What conspiracy theories?

I do think it's highly ironic that a Muslim is borrowing money in such a way. The last Muslim I knew who took out a loan got it from his mosque. It was for a house, which he was not allowed to live in until he had it paid off, as Muslims are very strict about borrowing money.

So?
      ???
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        They weren't going home to plan their next attack, they were going home to continue the fight that they started. Previous to the work party, they probably looked at more than one potential target. They may have looked at a shopping mall, a school, a church or whatever. The work party simply presented itself and they took it. From the moment they moved on that target, it was on.
        Ah, so we went through several other responses when all you needed to do was state that you agreed when I asked you:

Originally posted by Rlh04d
        Do you disagree that they were planning a further terrorist attack?
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          Ah, so we went through several other responses when all you needed to do was state that you agreed when I asked you:
          But I don't agree. I believe that they planned several potential attacks with the goal to pull only one of single attack. By using the word further, you are saying that they planned to shoot up the party, come home, shoot up the mall, go home and then plant bombs at Disneyland. I completely disagree that that planned to engage in further attacks. They planned several targets, settled on one, and went for it knowing that this was their finale. They shoot up the party, booby trap the house and have a Bonnie and Clyde firefight, game over. They had no plans for further attacks.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

But I don't agree. I believe that they planned several potential attacks with the goal to pull only one of single attack. By using the word further, you are saying that they planned to shoot up the party, come home, shoot up the mall, go home and then plant bombs at Disneyland. I completely disagree that that planned to engage in further attacks. They planned several targets, settled on one, and went for it knowing that this was their finale. They shoot up the party, booby trap the house and have a Bonnie and Clyde firefight, game over. They had no plans for further attacks.
            Sounds just like John Holmes.

Comment

I have zero interest in continuing to go back and forth over the phenomenally important point of whether they planned to go on further attacks if they survived or whether they planned on other attacks and then were going to do them because they survived. The difference between those two points is about as wide as the tip of a needle, and you're just arguing to argue.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3156[/ATTACH]

No terrorists, no workplace violence shooters. Amazing how a few armed police officers at the entrance to the old Union Station can make you feel safe as ****.
                The wisdom of the 2nd Amendment giving us the right to "A well regulated Militia.." These days that would translate to police. The 2nd Amendment can easily be interpreted to mean well reguated, local police have the right to bear arms. Nothing more.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  The wisdom of the 2nd Amendment giving us the right to "A well regulated Militia.." These days that would translate to police. The 2nd Amendment can easily be interpreted to mean well reguated, local police have the right to bear arms. Nothing more.
                  Are the Police or even the National Guard organized to resist the federal government?

Because that's the original intent of the 2nd Ammendment.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Except.........
                    The Supreme Court has over the years interpreted it completely differently. You can have your opinion on intent, but precedent says otherwise.

States, on the other hand, are free to regulate guns. If I were a good, well intended liberal president, senator or congressman, I'd attack gun laws with federal dollars. I'd craft uniform laws for states to pass, then I'd withhold education and highway dollars from the states that didn't pass the legislation. All nice and neat.

Comment

Uh, no.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                      X