No announcement yet.

Sports Daily - Paul Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or the TuneIN Ap and listen to about any radio station across the country.

Awesome for those long commutes to football games.

Comment

Just shocked Haertl would accept Savage as a co-host. Bruce must really be desperate for some company. As many have already stated, Wichita sportstalk radio is just terrible. It peaked for me when one day I was listening to Savage and a caller debate if someone (don't remember the name) belonged in the Biddy Basketball Hall of Fame or not. The caller was contending he himself belonged. I couldn't believe this was an actual topic of conversation. 1410 is just flat out awful on so many levels. The morning guy seems like he tries hard but he pauses so much and so long, I would wonder if my radio had gone out. And the new afternoon guys not only fail to possess any real knowledge, they're also flat out boring--which is the cardinal sin of broadcasting.

Comment

Where's Kuhn and Kellerman when you need them. Those cats could crush the local radio scene if they wanted to.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          Where's Kuhn and Kellerman when you need them. Those cats could crush the local radio scene if they wanted to.
          They do a fantastic job and I'd love to hear them on air, but doing a podcast is a far cry from a daily show.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            They do a fantastic job and I'd love to hear them on air, but doing a podcast is a far cry from a daily show.
            I'm not sure if this is an attempted defense of the local radio honks or what. We all know a daily show isn't something that just anybody can do well, and that a podcast is much different than a daily show. That being said, it is my opinion that they could do a better job on a daily show than any of these local guys we've got now.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is an attempted defense of the local radio honks or what. We all know a daily show isn't something that just anybody can do well, and that a podcast is much different than a daily show. That being said, it is my opinion that they could do a better job on a daily show than any of these local guys we've got now.
              Or just give up. I'm sure there is syndicated garbage that could fill the time.

The doubly frustrating thing is that few of the local honks put in the time to be conversant with local sports. Most all of us know more than they do just by listening to the coaches shows, Mike Kennedy and reading Paul S. material on-line or in the Eagle.

I fully understand why he doesn't do it, but a couple weekly slots other than pre-game with Mike Kennedy would be refreshing. Oh, and I also thought that Shane Dennis always seemed to be well prepared for on-air talk.

Just my $0.02. And I have a hard time listening to sports talk, especially local sports talk. And I grow weary of Jim Rome's ghetto rap style. The point being: it would be hard to produce a product I would follow regularly.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

b
                Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                Or just give up. I'm sure there is syndicated garbage that could fill the time.

The doubly frustrating thing is that few of the local honks put in the time to be conversant with local sports. Most all of us know more than they do just by listening to the coaches shows, Mike Kennedy and reading Paul S. material on-line or in the Eagle.

I fully understand why he doesn't do it, but a couple weekly slots other than pre-game with Mike Kennedy would be refreshing. Oh, and I also thought that Shane Dennis always seemed to be well prepared for on-air talk.

Just my $0.02. And I have a hard time listening to sports talk, especially local sports talk. And I grow weary of Jim Rome's ghetto rap style. The point being: it would be hard to produce a product I would follow regularly.

--'85.
                I really don't care about Sports enough to take my time to listen consistently anyway. The only days I like to listen (and I still don't have time) is the days after Shocker basketball games.

Comment

One of them has done some stuff on 1410. He cohosted the Shocker pre-game call-in shows last season, and would occasionally do the morning show with Chris Solwecki (sp?) from time to time. Did you listen to any of those programs?

EDIT: Looks like Kellerman did (or does?) a Saturday morning show on 1410. See post #49 http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...undhouse/page2

EDIT: looks Kellerman did some co-hosting on the GamePlan show on 1410. https://mobile.twitter.com/kgsochris...90269971623937
                  Last edited by Shocker-maniac; October 4, 2015, 05:04 PM.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

They have a show on Saturday mornings on 1410 I believe.

Comment

I wasn't defending anyone. I was just saying that a successful podcast may or may not translate into a successful daily.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Yah. You're right. But could it really get much worse?

Comment

Yah. You're right. But could it really get much worse?
                          I haven't listened, but I take your word for it.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Who's the Chappell guy who is on 1410's morning show sometimes. He sounds like a guy just off the street. Caught him one day talking about how he didn't think Kevin Durant would leave OKC as a free agent because of his endorsement deal with Sonic. Oh my.

Comment

I listened to a little bit of the evening show sometime last week. I mean if Im going trash them I should at least know what Im talking about..

So anyways a caller calls in on the topic of who starts for the Royals in game 1. The caller goes on and says "its a no brainer that you start Cueto because hes a rental arm and who cares what happens to him. You cant start Ventura because hes young and you want to save his arm for the future"
                              Okay idiot callers are one thing. We have to deal with the Dennis's of the world so its really whatever. But then the guys hosting go on and not support the notion but continue on with it as in its the absolute right thing to do.

I cant this **** any longer.

Comment

This doesn't belong here, but I saw Kevin Durant and couldn't resist.

What's the deal with Durant and Steven A Smith? I was half sleeping last night when I heard Steven A going off on him.

Then again, it could have been a beef jerky commercial I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X