Sports Daily - Paul Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Daily - Paul Savage

I tried to listen to Sports Daily this morning but The Bruce has brought back Paul Savage who I think will join Bruce on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

While I am sure Mr. Savage is a good guy his presence makes Sports Daily unlistenable for me. Not that I am one the shows more dedicated listeners. I tried to listen to the show this morning but simply could not sustain it.

I assume Mr. Savage must be popular to many who listen to that show or they would not have brought him back.

I will still listen on the occasional Tuesday and Thursday depending on what's going on in the sporting world.

Absolutely brutal.

Bruce definitely needs a sidekick as he is below average by his lonesome. Paul Savage however is not the answer. He regurgitates the same thing Bruce says in a slightly raised and more annoying voice. He adds zero to the show.

Jason Albreght would be a great addition to the show. Or even a Mr. Lutz, although that'll never happen since him and the Bruce are feuding.

It seems like the caller volume also continues to dwindle which sucks. Nothing was better than a little heated back and forth between a random caller and Bruce/Bob.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Absolutely brutal.

Bruce definitely needs a sidekick as he is below average by his lonesome. Paul Savage however is not the answer. He regurgitates the same thing Bruce says in a slightly raised and more annoying voice. He adds zero to the show.

Jason Albreght would be a great addition to the show. Or even a Mr. Lutz, although that'll never happen since him and the Bruce are feuding.

It seems like the caller volume also continues to dwindle which sucks. Nothing was better than a little heated back and forth between a random caller and Bruce/Bob.
      What was the feud between Bruce and Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
        What was the feud between Bruce and Bob?
        Anytime you get two guys together with ego's as big as theirs and a short man syndrome to boot it is never pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Anytime you get two guys together with ego's as big as theirs and a short man syndrome to boot it is never pretty.
          If two guys in the same room have short man syndrome, I'm trying to figure out how the physics of that even works.

Comment

1410 has become virtually un listenable. The morning show is just putrid. Dan and Alex were great. They were youthful and pretty fresh for this market. Chris whatever his name spends most of his time regurgitating Deadspin articles and not even crediting them.

The afternoon show is even wors and Paul Savage was the primary reason.

Wichita Sports radio is so bad Id rather listen to Kevin Keitzman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Paul Savage however is not the answer. He regurgitates the same thing Bruce says in a slightly raised and more annoying voice. He adds zero to the show.
              If only he did add zero to the show I could probably stand listening to it. But Paul detracts from the show from my perspective and in a major way.

Comment

I can't for the life of me figure out who in Wichita radio management thinks that Paul Savage is an asset to any radio program.

His method of questioning guests is an absolute joke: all in the same query, he frames the questions, asks the questions, then rephrases the question. Savage must somehow think from broadcast journalism class that people are to stupid to answer on their own without having it chewed and regurgitated by him.

Savage is so prone to hyperbole that it is truly mind-blowing. He thinks EVERYTHING is a big deal and wants to constantly make or rehash points that are quite simply moot. Hey Paul, just because Athlete A is in a slump or had a bad game doesn't mean he is having trouble at home, is a bad seed in the locker room, wears girlie panties, or whatever.

BTW, if you hate Paul Savage like I do, in a few weeks go out to an East High basketball game where he is the PA announcer. It will make you want to poke sharp objects into your ear canals and rotate them until blood spurts from the sides of your head.

For the love of God and all that is sacred in sports, somebody PLEASE give Paul Savage his walking papers. I suspect he is a fine person and his family has done a lot of good work with the Wichita Sports HOF, but my God, he doesn't belong on radio. Ever.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Come on @Shocker85, quit beating around the bush and let us know how you really feel about Paul Savage as a broadcaster! :playful:
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 21, 2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

The guy on 1410 in the morning sounds as if he is trying to preach a sermon to me. Come to find out he is a preacher! As stated by many Paul savage may be an excellent person he has never and I mean never belonged on any radio station.

Comment

Only a savage could listen to Paul Savage on the radio.

Comment

I would like to hear any number of regular Shockernetters and TOBs as guests on sports talk shows. The same thing over and over gets old.

Comment

I did however enjoy the time when Paul Savage was on the air bagging on Brian Butler and the Brown brothers and then they happened to take a call and it was Brian who quickly put Paul in his place. He was stuttering and had a whole lot of "Now wait a secong" followed with nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            If two guys in the same room have short man syndrome, I'm trying to figure out how the physics of that even works.
                            Me and Pogo were in the same room once...it was a small room.

Comment

Ya just cant listen to anything Wichita has sports radio wise. Thank goodness for technology, I just plug my phone into my radio and listen tp the KC 610 app.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X