No announcement yet.

Hats off to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This past December the KSU marching band received the Sudler Trophy, recognizing them as the top collegiate marching band in the country.

How ironic.

Oh, and they are having an alumni day to celebrate and be presented with the award on Sept. 19th (presumably a home football game). That day is going to be just a little less sweet, I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Oh, and they are having an alumni day to celebrate and be presented with the award on Sept. 19th (presumably a home football game). That day is going to be just a little less sweet, I suspect.
      On the contrary, I would bet that suddenly all the folks that have never wanted anything to do with the marching band give them more thought and ovation than they have for every other football game they've attended combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        On the contrary, I would bet that suddenly all the folks that have never wanted anything to do with the marching band give them more thought and ovation than they have for every other football game they've attended combined.
        I'm referring more to those who do and did have something to do with marching band.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I think this is a lot to do about nothing, but what I don't get is....why? You're playing South Dakota and you need to take a swipe at ku? This had to be planned long in advance.

Save it for the KU game (maybe that's on the road idk)? Even if you take it as it is what they say it is...still, why? Don't get me wrong...insult ku anytime you can, I'm all good with that.

Perhaps @Veritas: will weigh in and provide a little insight? Honestly, I have to think ku fan is laughing, knowing they're living rent free in KState's world, as we are in ku's.
          I didn't understand the rationale on why KSU would spend that much time taking a jab at KU, but I thought it was funny. Probably only bothered some of the joco alumnus who got their panties in a wad. Those joco KU commuters are a sensitive bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I'm referring more to those who do and did have something to do with marching band.
            Being married to a KSU marching band alumnus (and based on her Facebook feed), I'm pretty sure they are all very proud of their past involvement and the award Dr. Tracsz will receive. They pretty much just think the people complaining are either morons or perverts.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
              Being married to a KSU marching band alumnus (and based on her Facebook feed), I'm pretty sure they are all very proud of their past involvement and the award Dr. Tracsz will receive. They pretty much just think the people complaining are either morons or perverts.
              I've heard a lot of this too. D. Tracsz is a respectable, experienced director and this whole thing really was innocent. They must have underestimated the depth of immaturity that is out there (and I'm a big part of it!). It's a "get your mind out of the gutter" situation on a massive scale.

If a guy had to get reprimanded and fined every time I saw a funny picture or event that could be joked about, there would be a lot of fines given to a lot of normal folks because I am usually looking for trouble :) I really can't believe it got this big...

Comment

Band alumni also raised $13k to pay the fine that will now be used for music scholarships. So, you know, silver linings and all.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  I really can't believe it got this big...
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    The wife of one of my buddies was also a marching band member at KSU. I am glad I was never around her in the last week to ask her about it. She is small in stature, but she still scares me. She is quite proud to have been part of the Pride of Wildcat Land and was at the game last week. From what I saw from her FB page, she was NOT pleased with the controversy that this generated.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      The wife of one of my buddies was also a marching band member at KSU. I am glad I was never around her in the last week to ask her about it. She is small in stature, but she still scares me. She is quite proud to have been part of the Pride of Wildcat Land and was at the game last week. From what I saw from her FB page, she was NOT pleased with the controversy that this generated.
                      My nephew was a member and is a high school band director. He seemed a little embarrassed by the whole thing, but has "circled the wagons", as any proud member should.

My son's high school band director is also a KSU grad and Dr. Tracsz has visited our program several times. I hear nothing but good things about him.

Comment

Working...
                      X