Hats off to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    "ESU", "marching band", "orgy". Wait a minute! @MoValley John: was talking about heterosexual sex -- this doesn't count!
    Attached Files
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      Cough nobody cares about the saxes cough

It's all in the trumpets baby.
      Trumpets represent! I was in Jazz Band in high school (and one year at WSU). We didn't have marching band at my high school, but we did have a drumline. As such, had I replied to this thread last night, I would have suggested a creative place MoValley John could put a drumstick. ;)

Just to further buck the stereotype, many people in band at my school were also in one or more sports, myself included. Hell, during my senior year I broke several school records in weightlifting. Also, "nerd culture" totally is popular right now. See The Big Bang Theory, and the endless flood of superhero movies as two examples.

Comment

I was never in the band and didn't watch much Star Trek, but all I saw there was the Enterprise. They could have been a lot more graphic if they wanted it to look like what people are saying it was...

Comment

I think this is a lot to do about nothing, but what I don't get is....why? You're playing South Dakota and you need to take a swipe at ku? This had to be planned long in advance.

Save it for the KU game (maybe that's on the road idk)? Even if you take it as it is what they say it is...still, why? Don't get me wrong...insult ku anytime you can, I'm all good with that.

Perhaps @Veritas: will weigh in and provide a little insight? Honestly, I have to think ku fan is laughing, knowing they're living rent free in KState's world, as we are in ku's.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I think this is a lot to do about nothing, but what I don't get is....why? You're playing South Dakota and you need to take a swipe at ku? This had to be planned long in advance.

Save it for the KU game (maybe that's on the road idk)? Even if you take it as it is what they say it is...still, why? Don't get me wrong...insult ku anytime you can, I'm all good with that.

Perhaps @Veritas: will weigh in and provide a little insight? Honestly, I have to think ku fan is laughing, knowing they're living rent free in KState's world, as we are in ku's.
            This. Exactly. The caviat is that any outrage voiced from even one single KU fan means that K-State won.

Except... Band geeks know nothing about fellatio. Oh, they've drempt of it, but never received it. Maybe that's why they think it involves a spaceship.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Jape I'll
                Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

March to September IS a long time
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                  Trumpets represent! I was in Jazz Band in high school (and one year at WSU). We didn't have marching band at my high school, but we did have a drumline. As such, had I replied to this thread last night, I would have suggested a creative place MoValley John could put a drumstick. ;)

Just to further buck the stereotype, many people in band at my school were also in one or more sports, myself included. Hell, during my senior year I broke several school records in weightlifting. Also, "nerd culture" totally is popular right now. See The Big Bang Theory, and the endless flood of superhero movies as two examples.
                  The pee hole is a hard place to put a drum stick. Shall we try the conductors baton?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Starship Enterprise......

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Starship Enterprise......

Hahaha!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If there only had been PHOTON TORPEDODES.....

Comment

White photon torpedoes?

Oh if only the color guard would have been running out of the Enterprise with white flags...
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Of course Stanford knows how to REALLY do this. Apparently they have at least once in the past formed a very intentional phallic formation, then proceeded to violate the opposing teams tunnel. Now THAT'S entertainment.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I just want to set the record straight on this one. I did not post that stuff ridiculing the band. I have not been social media active consistently for awhile now and am ultra-focused on working to get ready for pheasant and duck season. One of my interns who helps with Instagram created the post. As soon as I was made aware of it, it was immediately unliked by me. But since Shockernet has no unlike feature, many don't know how much I unlike it. That is not how I feel about the band and I appreciate your understanding. #MVJ
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Sounds like one of your "interns" is an Enterprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X