Severe Weather 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    SPC finally upgrades tomorrow to an enhanced risk. Still believe we will see a moderate risk for tomorrow.

How high do you see the tornado threat tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Any storm that stays discrete and forms tomorrow will have all the capabilities to produce a long track, damaging tornado. The only issue is this, the area where storms can form is so small. I see 1-3 supercells at MOST tomorrow evening. If 2 storms form, stay isolated, the atmosphere is PRIME for violent supercells. Hail will be incredibly large tomorrow with ANY storm that forms.

To get technical....you have surface CAPE well over 3000 j/kg with very looped hodographs with Helicity values over 400, not to mention cloud bases around 500meters....that's a very juicy tornadic set-up. Storms will barely have to rotate to produce a tornado, with shear this good they will be rotating much stronger than "barely".

For example...the Wichita National Weather Forecast Discussion....

BUT
      CERTAINLY THINK THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT THREAT OF VERY LARGE HAIL OF
      2 INCHES OR GREATER AND DAMAGING STRAIGHT WINDS........0-8KM SHEAR SUGGESTS ANY TORNADO THAT DEVELOPS...MAY END UP
      STAYING ON THE GROUND FOR AWHILE...WITH A POSSIBLE STRONG TORNADO.
      As far as SPC tornado probs....15% hatched (sig severe) is what I see.
      Last edited by wsushox1; April 7, 2015, 07:31 PM.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Approximately 6 ft unless I am sitting when it broadcasts.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

@wsushox1: does it look to be most active east of ICT?
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            @wsushox1: does it look to be most active east of ICT?
            Possibly, depends on how far west the dryline advances and when and where storm initiation occurs. I'm thinking the dryline will set-up around an ellsworth-sterling-anthony line....just slightly west of Hutchinson. We will see.

Comment

Look who's in town.
              Attached Files
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                With last year's quiet season I didn't even pay attention to the convective outlooks. To piggyback off of @Shoxtastic's question, is "enhanced" a new level they wedged between slight and moderate?
                So, we need to get Marshall a 'Moderate' package? Not sure I can afford those SASO dues.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

To get technical....you have surface CAPE well over 3000 j/kg with very looped hodographs with Helicity values over 400, not to mention cloud bases around 500meters....that's a very juicy tornadic set-up. Storms will barely have to rotate to produce a tornado, with shear this good they will be rotating much stronger than "barely".

For example...the Wichita National Weather Forecast Discussion....

As far as SPC tornado probs....15% hatched (sig severe) is what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    Look who's in town.
                    Well.....its been good knowing ya

Comment

They have not pulled the string on the MODERATE yet, but hint that it may happen. Next update comes out at 8am

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the SPC is pushing the most significant tornado chances south and east of the turnpike.

Comment

Gotta think all the cloud cover will help keep things under wraps a little more today, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                            Gotta think all the cloud cover will help keep things under wraps a little more today, no?
                            The clouds will eventually move out of the area.

Comment

Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                              Looks like the SPC is pushing the most significant tornado chances south and east of the turnpike.
                              Depends on timing - for the most part yes, but I have seen in the data where after dark the parameters become more favorable for tornadoes with wichita in the bullseye. But i think still a lot of uncertainty - if they really had a good feel they would have a moderate risk up for those location they think are going to be in bullseye.
                              Last edited by SB Shock; April 8, 2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                                if u recall the Andover tornado, that day started kind of like today. Then around peak heating, clouds broke up and things exploded. Now if they don't move out or break up then it would limit the potential or create a bust on the severe weather prediction.

Comment

Working...
                                X